PDA

View Full Version : Urgent question re: DHC Unit 2 Help Please?

Toothfairy
16-01-2010, 11:28 AM
Sorry to put this in 'The Lounge' but I need an urgent answer.

DHC, Unit 2

I had my one to one tutorial just before xmas and my tutor went over my assignment so far.

On E1 'Identify one piece of legislation, which promotes the children's rights in your setting', I answered, 'The Children Act 1989'.

But my tutor said that my answer was wrong and I could not use it?

She gave a garbled reason but I was so nervous I now can't remember her reasons why?

Can anyone help please?

jumpinjen
16-01-2010, 12:12 PM
HI,

The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) which has been ratified (i.e. signed) by our Government and means that they are working towards meeting all of the rights stated on the UNCRC. many of the rights in the UNCRC are upheld in an equal opportunities policy, or an Inclusion policy, and an admissions policy that discusses equal access for all children and families.

The GOvernment responded to the UNCRC by writing "Every Child Matters" - this is a green paper, not legislation that set out what the Government wanted to do. The Children's Act 2004 then backed up ECM as a piece of legislation, so I would suggest that The Children's Act 2004 would be an answer that she might accept!

Hope that helps!

jenni:)

Toothfairy
16-01-2010, 12:17 PM
Thanks Jenni :thumbsup: