PDA

View Full Version : Complaints Procedure

skytvaddict
16-01-2010, 10:04 AM
Hi, having a lovely weekend sorting policies and procedures!:panic:

Can anyone tell me what telephone numbers I need on my complaints procedure, other than Ofsted (as the last number)?

Would it be my NCMA Development worker?

Thanks

Chatterbox Childcare
16-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Your procedure should state about a complaint to you - your Dev Worker should not even be involved.

They should come to you first - verbal
Put it in writing - you need to reply within 28 days
If it is not resolved then the parent can go to the registering body - OFSTED

I have attached the paperwork that I give parents and the wording of my policy, which is basic.

If a parent has a complaint or concern regarding the care of their child/children the following would be followed:

Speak to me directly to see if the matter can be rectified. I speak to parents at the delivery and collection of their child/children but am available to talk to outside of working hours by appointment.

If I cannot address the complaint immediately, I will do so at the earliest opportunity, no later than 28 days.

I supply each parent with the complaints procedure issued by Ofsted, along with their telephone number at all contract signings and reviews.

NOTE that the sheet is currently being updated and the data may not be 100% but it will give you an outline of how a policy should look

sarah707
16-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Phone numbers for complaints are -

Ofsted - 08456 404040

Or email - enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk

Plus all the ways parents can contact you - phone, email, home address.

Hth :D

skytvaddict
16-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Thanks. Will get it sorted.

I can't open attachements yet as I don't have those privaleges. Just off to try and find out how to get them :)

Chatterbox Childcare
16-01-2010, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the updated numbers Sarah

Pauline
16-01-2010, 05:01 PM
Thanks. Will get it sorted.

I can't open attachements yet as I don't have those privaleges. Just off to try and find out how to get them :)

You will be able to open attachments when you have 4 posts but in the meantime there are complaints documents, one Ofsted and one by Sarah, on the Free Downloads here:

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/freedownloads.html

Hope they help you. :)