PDA

View Full Version : GUINEA PIG HELP.....................

LOOPYLISA
15-01-2010, 02:41 PM
We have 2 guinea pigs that live indoors :blush: :D

They come out for cuddles etc and we do let them run the lounge, but not for long-they chewed throught the telephone cable the other night :eek: , thank goodness for wood flooring as well and not carpets iykwim :D

They do have a run in the garden for the summer months but obviously its too wet and cold at the mo, just wondered what excersise your guineas have ????, i just feel mean them sitting looking at me in there cage..

miss mopple
15-01-2010, 03:18 PM
I have 2 guineas that are indoors at the moment too. TBH they are mostly in their cage, but I do have a pen I put up in the kitchen sometimes for them

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/pens_with_racks/95235

I have a house bunny too and she has the run of the playroom at night but she's a devil for chewing as well. She did have the run of the lounge too but she cost me a computer cable, and ipod headphones cable, DD2s dolls pram wheels among other things so she has to be a bit more restricted now

The guineas will go in a run in the garden in the summer each day and their hutch will go back outside when its warmer

Twinkles
15-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Free range rabbit here. He's indoors at the moment so a bit more restricted. He's in his cage at night and at the most chaotic times of day. Other than that he's free ! Don't think he's all that impressed at not being in the garden all day though.

kindredspirits
15-01-2010, 03:41 PM
our pigs live outside but now have a free run of the garden - with an open fence so that they have their own space away from the kids lol tbh they don't do loads in the winter, they might have a little wonder down the garden to under the table, but then they go and sit at home again :rolleyes: can you get them a run - they do cheap metal ones on ebay, and just stick them in it on the kitchen floor?

Demonjill
15-01-2010, 05:10 PM
lol I love Guinea pigs wish i still had mine - they were fab fun!

TBH My piggies exercised their vocal chords more than anything else they loved food especially cucumber lol.

I have a metal inside run that they would use in the winter for few hours a day but in summer they had run of the big shed and outside run which they loved.

What are their names?

LOOPYLISA
15-01-2010, 05:38 PM
lol I love Guinea pigs wish i still had mine - they were fab fun!

TBH My piggies exercised their vocal chords more than anything else they loved food especially cucumber lol.

I have a metal inside run that they would use in the winter for few hours a day but in summer they had run of the big shed and outside run which they loved.

What are their names?

dd named them max and milo :D

They are soooooooo vocal and love cucumber, i wish we had them sooner we had hamsters for years- say no more, never again :D sorry all you hamster lovers x

jumpinjen
15-01-2010, 05:41 PM
We just got some 'for the children for christmas', I've always had guineas since I was two and my last one died five days after my first daughter was born, ours are Rudolph, Woody and Conker and they are sooooo funny, and cuddly and already very tolerant of the children, although they were just three weeks old when we had them..... I caught Conker being a bit over friendly with rudolph though.... I wonder if it's common with all males kept together?

jenni x

LOOPYLISA
15-01-2010, 05:45 PM
We just got some 'for the children for christmas', I've always had guineas since I was two and my last one died five days after my first daughter was born, ours are Rudolph, Woody and Conker and they are sooooo funny, and cuddly and already very tolerant of the children, although they were just three weeks old when we had them..... I caught Conker being a bit over friendly with rudolph though.... I wonder if it's common with all males kept together?

jenni x

Aaaawwww not witnesed that yet :eek: :laughing:

huggableshelly
16-01-2010, 04:59 PM
I bought a small dog park similar to the link for the small rodents cage.
Its foldable and creates an octogan at full size but can make it smaller if needed.

my kiddies sit in with them in there at wkends, its out away during working hours due to lack of space

all kiddies make a closed in area with their legs and have the guineapigs between them which is great fun too

Demonjill
16-01-2010, 05:20 PM
dd named them max and milo :D

They are soooooooo vocal and love cucumber, i wish we had them sooner we had hamsters for years- say no more, never again :D sorry all you hamster lovers x

Max n Milo lol You going to be getting any more Tweenies? lol