PDA

View Full Version : Globe taps?

louise
15-01-2010, 01:07 PM
Hi. We need new bath taps as ours is now leaking but we can't grind it anymore. Thing is we need ones called Globe taps and they aren't cheap. The cheapest ive found so far is 75. Does anyone else know anywhere. Ive tried ebay but not much luck.
It just gets better toilet has started to leak aswell so more money. We still have no Oven which has been since xmas as hubbie failed to tell me the locking clips also shattered with the glass. Oh i need to hide.
Thanks Lou

kindredspirits
15-01-2010, 03:44 PM
have a look for something called a 'tap reviver kit' - you replace the inners of the taps so they work properly without having to replace the tap.
Here's how to change them- http://www.ultimatehandyman.co.uk/ta..._head_gear.htm

louise
15-01-2010, 06:35 PM
I've ordered some. Cheapest i found were 69.99! I don't think that will help as the tap has a deep grove in still aftger it was grinded.
Thanks Lou

LOOPYLISA
15-01-2010, 07:14 PM
I've ordered some. Cheapest i found were 69.99! I don't think that will help as the tap has a deep grove in still aftger it was grinded.
Thanks Lou

Hubs said thats cheap (hes a plumber ) :thumbsup:

louise
15-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Tell him thank you. Its nice to know that i didn't get ripped off. I did search for ages and also sounded dumb while i tried to explain the taps to places that might sell them.

LOOPYLISA
15-01-2010, 08:32 PM
Tell him thank you. Its nice to know that i didn't get ripped off. I did search for ages and also sounded dumb while i tried to explain the taps to places that might sell them.

No problem x