PDA

View Full Version : how many obs do we really have to do???

sandy64
15-01-2010, 11:11 AM
hello can anyone clarify how many obs we should do monthly. i do wow factors when there is any. harder when they get to 3 theres not as many. i use to do obs weekly on any activity but unless its a development surely its just put in learning journal with photo and linked to eyfs. i wouldnt call it a obs. is this right or not? so how many do you think is right really could do with your advice please.:)

Daftbat
15-01-2010, 11:23 AM
I don't have any set number of obs that i do - i just go with the flow and if i notice something is happening that would make a good one i take a picture and then turn it into an ob. Sometimes i have done one or two w week and sometimes one or two a month. I use my daily diaries to link things to EYFS too so its all covered really.

TheBTeam
15-01-2010, 01:00 PM
We were told at one of our meetings that the learning journey should only show progression, not just repeat examples of the same type of thing.

We were told to do one long observation approx every 4-6 weeks, and shorter/wow moments approx on a week.

sarah707
15-01-2010, 01:03 PM
I find they tend to come in a rush... nothing for a while then suddenly lots happen at once.

:D

Tink
15-01-2010, 01:06 PM
I tend to go with the flow. I just watch the children playing and if I spot something I do an observation.

Sometimes I don't do any. Last week I had 6 on the same child.

All depends on what your doing and what the children are interested in.