PDA

View Full Version : When to sort out insurance?

mummyjo
15-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Hi all,
Great news I now have both my CRB's back so just waiting for Registration Certificate :)

My question is can I join the NCMA now or do I have to wait for my certificate to arrive? My thinking is that should I miraculously get a mindee really quickly i.e as soon as my certifciate has arrived I wouldn't have any contracts to hand if they hadn't arrived yet from the NCMA.

mamasheshe
15-01-2010, 11:14 AM
i think you can ring them up and get it to start at future date like a week. congrats in crb coming back I'm still waiting

carlen222
15-01-2010, 06:29 PM
with the scma they have membership for pre reg minders then you pay the extra fee to become a member of full thingy. maybe ncma the same??

grindal
15-01-2010, 07:26 PM
I would wait until you have signed contracts - you can then phone or get on line NCMA membership and they will give you your policy number straight away with instant cover. I bought my NCMA insurance last Jan after a first meeting with a lady who told me she definately wanted to use me. She never returned and it was another 4 months before I actually got a mindee. I now need to renew my insurance but have only really used 8 months!

miffy
16-01-2010, 08:07 AM
I wouldn't take out membership/insurance until you've got your certificate and some definite work otherwise, like grindal said, you could end up paying out and not using it.

Insurance/membership can be sorted out over the phone as can buying contracts

Miffy xx