PDA

View Full Version : on line food shopping

It's a small world
14-01-2010, 09:06 PM
Hi

Ive been thinking about doing my shopping on line- help cut costs of buying thing I dont really need (thought I could save a few pounds)

My question is who shops on line and which supermarket do you think is best?

No falling out over this one please :p

venus89
14-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Tesco for me - I just like them. I've never had any problems with the quality of food delivered and to be honest I really, really like the clubcards :D

It's a small world
14-01-2010, 09:22 PM
Im trying to get my head around it (doesnt take much to confuse me lol) Do you have to check the shopping whilst the drivers there?.
Does everyone find that their food bill is alot cheaper than if they went into the shop?

miss mopple
14-01-2010, 09:25 PM
I use them all- Im an internet shopping tart :laughing:

Dont forget to look at quidco first for some cashback :thumbsup:

venus89
14-01-2010, 09:26 PM
You can phone up customer services if there's a problem and you find it after the driver has left - from what I've heard they seem to be good dealing with any problems.
I find my bill is cheaper, even with the delivery charge taken into account (I always get mine delivered on a weekday during the day so it's fairly cheap anyway - the mindees love to help unpack) - because I don't end up impuls buying like I do in the shops. And I can check as I go along whether or not I actually need the item rather than picking it up just in case......

LOOPYLISA
14-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Tescos here, only im prob not the best person to ask, once we had ..........

1 pear
3 apples
3 boxes of washing powder :laughing:
there was more silly things, doesnt take alot to confuse me :D

venus89
14-01-2010, 09:30 PM
Tescos here, only im prob not the best person to ask, once we had ..........

1 pear
3 apples
3 boxes of washing powder :laughing:
there was more silly things, doesnt take alot to confuse me :D

I managed to order 1 carrot - it didn't last us all week :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
14-01-2010, 09:32 PM

:laughing:
:clapping:

It's a small world
14-01-2010, 09:33 PM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: not sure Im going to be good at this but think I might try over the weekend and see how many bananas and apples i get :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sarah707
14-01-2010, 09:36 PM
I do Tesco online for my mum - it saves your favourites and you can search for the rest.

Only problem is they have let her down twice now with the weather... other cars and buses are getting into her village but they are refusing to deliver which is not great.

I find it very easy to do the ordering though :D

wendywu
14-01-2010, 09:47 PM
I use tesco every week. If they give you goods that you think are below par, just phone them and they refund you no question. And you get to keep the goods.

You check the shopping as you unload it when the driver has gone. If anything is missing then do the same just phone up. I hate foos shopping so it is great fro me.:thumbsup:

Carpet Monkeys
14-01-2010, 09:49 PM
Also if you doing your shopping in Tesco's already, whatever you put in your basket/trolley will appear in your fav on the online site, it's all linked up to your clubcard, pretty cool eh!

zillervalley
14-01-2010, 09:58 PM
Just done asda twice , while dh car was off the road, I had no problems with them

TheBTeam
14-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Tesco for me - I just like them. I've never had any problems with the quality of food delivered and to be honest I really, really like the clubcards :D

Same here, I have been online shopping virtually every week with tesco for 11 years now, was one of their first ever online food shopping customers and have done quite a bit of market research for them since.

amanda1309
14-01-2010, 10:41 PM
Hi

Ive been thinking about doing my shopping on line- help cut costs of buying thing I dont really need (thought I could save a few pounds)

My question is who shops on line and which supermarket do you think is best?

No falling out over this one please :p

Only used tesco suits me fine:)

Emma82
14-01-2010, 10:44 PM
I use Asda and have found them to be excellent. In my area they phone about 20 mins before getting here and the one time they were running late they phoned to let me know.
I personally request not to have alternatives as you never know what you might get even though they charge you the same price or less.

Good luck
xx

grindal
15-01-2010, 07:56 AM
I have used Sainsburys and Ocado on alternate weeks for about 5 years now and used them on an irregular basis even before that. I have never had any major problems with either - both are more than happy to refund costs for any goods below the standard you would buy in the shops. Ocado carry deliveries into your kitchen which is helpful. I only alternate cos neither shop stocks everything I like :blush: Delivery is free for both if you spend more than £100 - which I seem to manage every week!

Twinkle
15-01-2010, 08:09 AM
I use Tesco's, the quality is always good. I also get 10% discount because my daughter works for them :)

caz3007
15-01-2010, 01:16 PM
I use Tesco and Asda. No problems with them, did have a delivery that was 2 bags short from Asda once, they redelivered it no problem at a time to suit me the next day. I click send alternative on the Asda and ended up with somer really good deals, you get the chance to reject at the door if you wish and get refunded.

I cant remember which one it was, think it was Asda who sent a really grumpy woman to deliver to me, think she was supervising a newbie, he was fine, but she wasnt. But hey all other delivery drivers have been fine

PixiePetal
15-01-2010, 01:32 PM
I have never had a complete delivery from ASDA - might just be my local store :rolleyes:

Always a couple of things missing that I have been charged for. No problem, phoned and refunded but would rather get what I ordered.

Going to try Ocardo and Tesco alternatly as I like certain things in each shop.:D

venus89
15-01-2010, 01:42 PM
I have never had a complete delivery from ASDA - might just be my local store :rolleyes:

I did try Asda once but they didn't have quite a few bits I ordered and didn't work out any cheaper than Tesco.

So..... who did you go with in the end?!

nannymcflea
15-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Tesco don't deliver here, we are 4 miles too far away! Asda do and on my second go they couldn't deliver due to snow! They were good though, very helpful and polite and stuff had a long packet date.:thumbsup: