PDA

View Full Version : Help please!

Twinkle
14-01-2010, 01:22 PM
I was watching my 21 month old mindee this morning and he was gathering red (or predominantly red) toys, placing them on a chair (that just happens to be red) and was then dragging the chair around the room. He stopped and picked up every toy that dropped off. This carried on for half an hour or so.

I'm okay with the next steps and how to expand on his play but am completely stumped as to where to fit it into EYFS obs and assessment and how to put it into words - my brain has gone into meltdown. Could one of you lovely ladies please point me in the right direction.

beccas
14-01-2010, 01:24 PM
its psrn i think he is sorting equiptment out according to colour.

The Juggler
14-01-2010, 10:02 PM
PSED/KUW - showing awarness and preference for colour and PSRN he is sorting/categorising.

carlen222
14-01-2010, 10:13 PM
omg i am so glad i mind in scotland, i dont understand all these abbreviated things you talk about! phew!!! lol

Pipsqueak
14-01-2010, 10:53 PM
Sounds like little one has a schema going on! a transporting one! (Schema is a repetitive pattern of behaviour)

as The Juggler says but you could extend this collecting other colours (red week, blue week, yellow week) if LO is willing - if they are not fixated on red.
I am betting you will see other LO start 'transporting' other things - carrying things around, moving things from place to place etc.