PDA

View Full Version : Early Childhood Degree or EY Foundation Degree?

nannymcflea
13-01-2010, 09:44 PM
I don't know which one to do. Has anyone had experience of the Early childhood Degree or does everyone do the Foundation Degree?

I've been told the Early childhood has lots more tangents whereas the Foundation is more setting based.

Any experiences would be most gratefully recieved.:thumbsup:

The Juggler
14-01-2010, 08:11 AM
if you do the Fd you can top up with year 3 of the Early Childhood Studies degree. that way you get the best of both worlds and flexibility in studying for the first two years.

depends on where you uni is the colleges that offer the FD might be closer. I now have to travel much further to get to uni than I did for college.

dlissaman
14-01-2010, 03:26 PM
I have studied for both the E. Y. Foundation Degree, part-time (evenings and saturdays) for three years then i topped it up with a B.A. Hons in Edu. Studies (four terms). All with the same University. The foundation degree gave me all the knowledge and confidence to be able to write a dissertation.

Hope that helps.

The Juggler
14-01-2010, 10:01 PM
I agree! I don't think I could've gone into uni without having done the FD. it was the right step for me.

avril
15-01-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm at uni now first year to learning development and support degree ba hons, I'm finding it ok at the moment I attend once a month on a saturday and have one assignment a mnth to do.
I know it will get harder as the yrs carry on all 3 of them!

the course is a mixed a bunch from childminders, school classroom assistants to working in senior schools as family liason workers.

I only picked this course as the foundation degree was attending 2 days a week and with working could not fit it in.

nannymcflea
15-01-2010, 09:19 PM
if you do the Fd you can top up with year 3 of the Early Childhood Studies degree. that way you get the best of both worlds and flexibility in studying for the first two years.

depends on where you uni is the colleges that offer the FD might be closer. I now have to travel much further to get to uni than I did for college.

Thanks everyone.

Thats very interesting juggler. Have found out the FD is closer so will probably be going for that one.:thumbsup: