PDA

View Full Version : Tax 08-09

Marie-louise
13-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Hi,
im wondering what to do, ive been on-line to do my tax and im just waiting for the activation code to be posted out. I only need to do from feb to march but I didnt actually get paid for march until the end of april - so i dont know wether to put down as though i was paid on time or put down as it was? My figure will either be a minus of £356.71 as i wasnt paid before april 5th, or it will be earnings of £168.29 I know i wont need to pay anything but will it make a difference or not??
I havnt done the 10% wear & tear yet, does this come of this figure or the total income -help x

beccas
13-01-2010, 02:22 PM
i would put what you earned so it isnt minus but debbie can help see is ace with tax stuff will be on later prob

madasahatter
13-01-2010, 05:06 PM
The 10% wear and tear comes off your income, so if a mindee pays £100 per week you can deduct £10 for wear and tear before you make any other deductions.
If you paid any tax in 08-09 in another job then the negative figure might mean you are due a small rebate, though I would probably contact the tax office for clarification on that. In fact they would be the best to advise you on whether it would be best to carry forward a loss or submit a small profit.

Chatterbox Childcare
14-01-2010, 08:24 AM
Put through all of your expenses relating to setting up and I am sure you loss will be larger than £370. You can carry this forward to the next year.

As to any previous employment, this cannot be ofset against self employed earnings.