PDA

View Full Version : Aghhhh ofsed just phoned......

Cakes
13-01-2010, 11:45 AM
:panic: They are coming out next week. As my only mindee in the EYFS age group is only part time i just know she will turn up when i have my after schoolies with me and they have been playing up this week:mad:
Also won't be able to give out a questionaire to youngest mindee's parents as i won't see them until next week!

HELP what should i do?

mama2three
13-01-2010, 11:47 AM
can you email the youngest ones parents a questionnaire and they can email it back then print it off?
as for the older ones playing up , just stay calm and keep focused and she will be impressed with the way you implement your behaviour policy. That , or bribe them first!!

sarah707
13-01-2010, 11:58 AM
I had 9 in the house one day when an Ofsted inspector called to do an inspection on my partner.

The baby was screaming and continue to scream all the way through her visit.

A couple of the older children were playing up as well - mostly because baby was screaming and they wanted my attention.

the inspector let it all go over her head - she was more interested in how we dealt with it.

She said that we did our very best under the circumstances so she was happy :D

tashaleee
13-01-2010, 12:25 PM
I had 9 in the house one day when an Ofsted inspector called to do an inspection on my partner.

A couple of the older children were playing up as well - mostly because baby was screaming and they wanted my attention.

the inspector let it all go over her head - she was more interested in how we dealt with it.

I have to agree with Sarah - I had literally just said hello to my inspector, took her through to the kitchen and was about to say 'make yourself at home and explain where my paperwork was on the side' when my mindee decided from the playroom to let out an almighty screech as she had fell over something and I needed to go do first aid on a cut lip :rolleyes: In the afternoon same child was a total nightmare and refused to allow the Inspector to have any discussion or feedback with me so I resorted to the tv (believe me I had tried EVERYTHING else possible).... Inspector was more than happy that I could cope and gave me outstanding in all areas :laughing:

I think its more about how you deal with the 'challenging behaviour' that Ofsted will be interested in rather than how much the kids misbehave :thumbsup:

Cakes
13-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Thanks ladies,
Makes me feel better coming on here always some good advice going!
Now to catch up on my big list of to do's:( Haven't even started my SEF..it was already on my list for this week honest:blush:

BeckenhamCM
13-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Hi :-)

I just wanted to add that I had my first grading inspection yesterday and I didn't do any of my SEF at all and was given an outstading. I personally think (but others may disagree with me ?) that I would rather have all my paperwork in order (planning, obs, records/admin etc) which the inspector can look at whilst you focus on the children and if they need anything or want to talk to you they will do it whilst you work. That was certainly my experience but it all does depend on your inspector I guess.

All I was trying to say was that if you think you might be short of time don't worry about the SEF as it's not compulsary anyway, but if you manage to do it then brilliant :-) I'm sure you'll be fine either way xx

guest3
13-01-2010, 07:58 PM

Sarah, I'm due an inspection very soon and I have 2 babies, 1 12month old and 1 11month old. The 12 month old has been with me for 3 months but the 11 month old has only started this week and the older one is sooo jealous! She has a high pitched scream and uses this all day at the moment to try to get my attention. I'm worried how to deal with her while Ofsted ar here trying to talk to me :panic:

Wendy x

miffy
14-01-2010, 08:21 AM
:panic: They are coming out next week. As my only mindee in the EYFS age group is only part time i just know she will turn up when i have my after schoolies with me and they have been playing up this week:mad:
Also won't be able to give out a questionaire to youngest mindee's parents as i won't see them until next week!

HELP what should i do?

Good luck - I'm sure you'll be fine!

Miffy xx