PDA

View Full Version : WEDNESDAY - MIDDLE OF THE WEEK

angeldelight
13-01-2010, 06:56 AM
Morning Everyone

Another cold morning here and we have had lots more snow all the path and cars are covered again - we already have a fair bit and it was icy so I dread the school run now

We will go with the flow today depending if schools are closed etc
What is everyone else doing today ?

Do you have more snow like us ?

Have a great day and be careful if you go out in it

Angel xxx

Roseolivia
13-01-2010, 07:00 AM
Morning Angel, you an early bird like me?:laughing:
Our snow has nearly gone, it's mainly slushy stuff and ice:angry:
Another quiet day, only before after schoolies and they're leaving at 4pm tonight so an early finish. Probably spend the day tidying as the cleaner comes tomorrow:laughing: I need to start studying as i have a tutorial on Saturday and haven't even looked at my next assignment:eek:
Have a good day and have fun in the snow while it lasts.

daisyboo1980
13-01-2010, 07:10 AM
another wet and windy one here
no snow thank goodness dont think i could afford any more damage to my wallet or the car lol

off to toddlers today as its back on thank goodness
then art later i think
im feeling alittle more human this week well until 4 ish then my morning sickness seems to kick in and i feel terrible

hope everyone has a lovely day

miss mopple
13-01-2010, 07:12 AM
Morning

we've just had another 3" :eek:

Just waiting to see if schools open or shut so no idea how many Ill have today yet

Think we'll be going with the flow too

angeldelight
13-01-2010, 07:14 AM
Morning Angel, you an early bird like me?:laughing:
Our snow has nearly gone, it's mainly slushy stuff and ice:angry:
Another quiet day, only before after schoolies and they're leaving at 4pm tonight so an early finish. Probably spend the day tidying as the cleaner comes tomorrow:laughing: I need to start studying as i have a tutorial on Saturday and haven't even looked at my next assignment:eek:
Have a good day and have fun in the snow while it lasts.

Hi Rose yes another early morning for me

No school runs for me today - school is closed yippieeeeeeeeee

Cant believe we have had lots more snow yet some of you have almost got rid of theirs

Angel xx

angeldelight
13-01-2010, 07:15 AM
Morning

we've just had another 3" :eek:

Just waiting to see if schools open or shut so no idea how many Ill have today yet

Think we'll be going with the flow too

Its easier to look on the schools website to find out if thats any help ?

Angel xxx

PixiePetal
13-01-2010, 07:15 AM
More snow :angry:

No work for me anyway and my kids school is opening at 11 unless they post a change on the website :rolleyes:

DD has exam tomorrow so needs to be there then.

Not a happy bunny :( Wanted to go shopping and get back to normality

charleyfarley
13-01-2010, 07:20 AM
Morning Everyone

No more snow for us, still have the last lot though. Shcool runs yesterday were a nightmare so not looking forward to them today :panic:

We are off to the library and the post office, I just hope Seven Trent don't block my drive off today with their van :angry:

Have a great day everyone

Carol xx

angeldelight
13-01-2010, 07:31 AM
Morning Everyone

No more snow for us, still have the last lot though. Shcool runs yesterday were a nightmare so not looking forward to them today :panic:

We are off to the library and the post office, I just hope Seven Trent don't block my drive off today with their van :angry:

Have a great day everyone

Carol xx

Cant believe you missed the snow Carol we have lots again and the last lot had not even gone
Have a good day and I will message you
xxxx

Pauline
13-01-2010, 07:38 AM
Dreadful black ice here. No one can stand up, cars are sliding everywhere. Just been watching our neighbours trying to get in their car, they keep sliding back down the drive before they can get their doors open and jump in.

The road is like glass :(

Loads of minor accidents happening everywhere.

estrelas
13-01-2010, 07:41 AM
Lots more snow

i'm bored of it now :panic:
Not sure who i've got to be honest, will have to wait and see

Not even dressed yet and i have one arriving at 8ish, oh well, not really in the mood
Everyone take care out there today
I can not wait to see the sun again :(

estrelas
13-01-2010, 07:42 AM
Dreadful black ice here. No one can stand up, cars are sliding everywhere. Just been watching our neighbours trying to get in their car, they keep sliding back down the drive before they can get their doors open and jump in.

The road is like glass :(

Loads of minor accidents happening everywhere.

That sounds bad!! I may go back to bed

Twinkles
13-01-2010, 07:47 AM
Lots of snow overnight on the ice that was already there !! :clapping:

Sounds like the roads are chaos - I'm staying put !!

ninagee
13-01-2010, 08:00 AM
Morning everyone

Lots more snow overnight in Birmingham and schools closed again so another day at home. Under the fresh snow its icy so we are not going anywhere today!

Nina

TheBTeam
13-01-2010, 08:08 AM
Over an inch more snow here and it is still going for it, some schools are saying open, some closed and there are the awkward ones who are thinking of opening at 10.00 will let you know about 9.30, which doesnt help us as this is the one where pick a child up from another cm house and take him to school and pick him up by car! DH has walked today about a 30 min walk, but now no school to take him to for two hours and our house is in the opposite direction!!!

We only took this child on so cm mentioned above didn't lose his two younger siblings, and we have all this grief, she is on a good full time wage for two children with no driving or hassle and we get £20 a day with all this grief and pick him up from school and then take him to get his mum and then take them both home all by car, just to stop a friend losing work!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes: What a lot of grief!!!!!!!

wendywu
13-01-2010, 08:16 AM
Its still snowing here, so apart from walking 3 mins round to the school i am staying in.:(

But i will walk down to the gym this evening.:blush:

cherry
13-01-2010, 08:21 AM
Lots more snow here and still snowing, schools are open but no school buses so a lot of children can't get to school.

We live in a small village and can't get out, luckly one of my sons parents has a 4 x 4 and is taking them in as it's their GCSE's this week.

I am fed up with this and going stir crazy. :angry:

Since the snow started last week I've only been out to do the food shopping on Saturday.

manjay
13-01-2010, 08:42 AM
Absolutely loads more snow here. Village schools closed and no one can get to me so an unexpected day off. Still coming down thick an fast:( At least no school runs. Yesterday was dreadful trying to walk home up a hill with 8 children when the snow was over the top of wellies:rolleyes:

DH is due home on Friday after being away for 2 weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed he makes it

maisiemog
13-01-2010, 09:06 AM
We had a sprinkling of snow so far but its still snowing!

We were going to go to the docks today but probably wont now that its snowed. Think we'll go and visit the in laws today instead....saves me cooking!:laughing:

Gotta get my paperwork sorted ready for my first enquiry visit next week and plan my menu. We're hosting a murder mystery night on Sat and I'm bravely doing my first 3 course dinner party...eek!!:panic:

miffy
13-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Morning everyone

It's like a skating rink outside but thankfully our schools are shut so I can stay in!

Most parents have cancelled as they can't get out of their drives or the village and there are accidents everywhere.

One is still on her way to me though :rolleyes:

Have a good day

Miffy xx

Twinkle
13-01-2010, 09:53 AM
We've had another inch or so on top of ice and it's lethal! Roads and pavements are slippier than ever.

I fell over on the way to school, I'm well padded so I bounce well :), but if it doesn't stop I'm not going back out this afternoon to pick up again!

avril
13-01-2010, 09:54 AM
We've finally got the snow that they promised us at the weekend:(

Walk to school wasn't too but hardly any children in and most live locally, two children who have not been in since last week live in the same road as the school:eek:

We will wait and see what happens as the snow is forecast for ALL day and evening, what fun NOT!!!!!!

Annie_T
13-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Moring all

not got loads of snow here but its enough.
i woke uo this morning and wanted to cry coz of the snow, ive not been able get car out for over week now and my plans for my normal wednesday are now gone to pot but hey ho

it is like ice rink i agree pushing a buggy is not fun

joys of living in britain lol x

solly
13-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Schools are all closed around here so have my 3 children at home, some of my mindees are here and i have an extra LO as she is usually at school but as i have her brother I am happy to have her. It's still snowing here and we still have lots from last week.
I was supposed to get 1 mindee to preschool for 10am but would have to use double buggy mum said she would leave the decision up to me as he only has trainers (despite giving out a copy of my extreme weather policy) so have decided not to go will do some arts & crafts instead here