PDA

View Full Version : THE LADY FROM OFSTED SHE SAYS........................

It's a small world
12-01-2010, 12:23 PM
:clapping: GOOD:clapping:

So happy and so pleased.

Said she wasnt going to look though house as no mindee children with me today.

One recommendatin : my safeguarding policy doesnt state about our local welfare something or other.. wrote it down wil check later.

Need to amend my learning journa. Where I put first observation had title learning journal she said it should say Observation. Where I have written 3 next steps should show evidence of all next steps...on following page I have title 'Next steps' showing evidence of next steps taken - this should say Observation even though its a next step its technically another observatiopn...does that make sense? Actually how she has explained what I need to do makes my lkearning journals easier to do.

She was impressed that I had done a file for my own son.

Said I need to do a fire drill with schoolies...but due to weather have been putting it off...guess I will do one next week as a fire cant predict what the weather is like and wont start just because its raining :laughing:

So glad thats over and she didnt have alot of improvements for me.....well thats me done for 3 years..can now relax and have a bottle of wine tonight. Thanks fo all your advice and support everyone...I love ya all...... soooooo happyyyyyy :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

mama2three
12-01-2010, 12:26 PM
well done Kerrie thats brilliant!! enjoy your wine! you deserve it x

Daddy Day Care
12-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Congratulations :clapping: :clapping:

Was gonig to text you good luck this morning but forgot to :blush: sorry...

Knew ya would dowell tho

Well doen again

Gareth
xx

LOOPYLISA
12-01-2010, 12:29 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Pauline
12-01-2010, 12:50 PM
:clapping: GOOD:clapping:

So happy and so pleased.

Said she wasnt going to look though house as no mindee children with me today.

She did an inspection with no children present? I always thought they were not permitted to give above Satisfactory if there were no children to see you with. Have I read that right, is that what you meant?

Well done on your grade :clapping::clapping:

angeldelight
12-01-2010, 12:53 PM
She did an inspection with no children present? I always thought they were not permitted to give above Satisfactory if there were no children to see you with. Have I read that right, is that what you meant?

Thats what I just thought ?

Well done Kerrie thats great

Bet you are glad its over now

Angel xx

It's a small world
12-01-2010, 12:55 PM

Yes you read right. I have my ds with me and when she called to say she was coming and I said no mindees that day could we rearrange she said she had a deadline . I told her I was worried about my grade as only satisfactory to which she told me wouldnt afftect my grade as I am minding and have learning journals etc and evidnence of minding...said only give satisfactory if not been minding for a few months..or not up to standards required.all the time she was here thought she was going to say as not minding today can only give satisfaction then she turned round and said pleased with paperwork (few pointers but nothing too drastic) then said 17 areas wasnt going to go through them all but got overall GOOD... Maybe theyve changed it..hope shes not got it wrong and changes my grade :panic: Let you know when report comes through...everyone keeps saying how've I got good without children but thats what shes given me so Im happy :)

Mouse
12-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Well done Kerrie!

About 6 years ago (so long before EYFS) I got a good grading when I had no children present. She did say they couldn't usually do it, but she said there was no way I was satisfactory & to give me that wouldn't be a fair reflection. She did have to get it approved though.

It's a small world
12-01-2010, 12:58 PM
Now your all scaring me that she might change grade and got it worng. She been with Ofsted years so not new so couldnt have got it wrong...was excited now bothered she might change grade,,:panic:

Just found this on Ofsted website about inspections:

'childminders where there are children on roll, but they are not present on the day of inspection because, for example, they are ill or on holiday. These childminders will have a full inspection with quality grades and, whenever possible, inspections should be deferred until the children are present'

So dont know why people get Satisfactory if they are minding but no children on day of inspection...

Tam's Tribe
12-01-2010, 01:02 PM
That is fabulous!! :clapping: Well Done!

amanda1309
12-01-2010, 01:02 PM
:clapping: well done:clapping:

little miss chatterbox
12-01-2010, 01:10 PM
well done kerrie that's brilliant!!!! alll that worrying for nothing!

how long was she there?

Enjoy your grade and relax

nell57
12-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Well done:thumbsup:

TheBTeam
12-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Well done you, for my first proper inspection I was told I was better than a good, but she couldn't even give me good until she saw me with some mindees not just my daughter! It was pre EYFS by some years and my first two mindees started a week later!

LisaMcNally09
12-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Congratulations!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I couldnt sleep last night....relief i think!! Could have done with the bottle your going to have later:D

Well done!!!

Annie_T
12-01-2010, 01:28 PM
wel done hun x:thumbsup:

It's a small world
12-01-2010, 01:32 PM
well done kerrie that's brilliant!!!! alll that worrying for nothing!

how long was she there?

Enjoy your grade and relax

She was here about 3 hours And i did the routine like any other day with lo's snacks and everything. She was lovely and ds was a star.

Ripeberry
12-01-2010, 01:39 PM
Well done! :clapping: :clapping: Good to know that they can inspect with no mindees as long as you have the evidence. My mindee's daily diary reads like a book, with photos and everything, so I suppose I could use that if he was ever off for some reason :idea:

Tink
12-01-2010, 01:43 PM
WELL DONE thats a good for both of us today we will celebrate together xxx

Pauline
12-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Now your all scaring me that she might change grade and got it worng. She been with Ofsted years so not new so couldnt have got it wrong...was excited now bothered she might change grade,,:panic:

Just found this on Ofsted website about inspections:

'childminders where there are children on roll, but they are not present on the day of inspection because, for example, they are ill or on holiday. These childminders will have a full inspection with quality grades and, whenever possible, inspections should be deferred until the children are present'

So dont know why people get Satisfactory if they are minding but no children on day of inspection...

I know two childminders who didn't have children on the day because they were ill, the inspector came back the next day and spent another hour with them, just watching them with the children, perhaps with you it was ok because you had your own little one? Don't worry though, if that is what she said then it should be fine :thumbsup:

HomefromHome
12-01-2010, 01:58 PM
woohoo well done kerrie:clapping:

It's a small world
12-01-2010, 02:01 PM
I know two childminders who didn't have children on the day because they were ill, the inspector came back the next day and spent another hour with them, just watching them with the children, perhaps with you it was ok because you had your own little one? Don't worry though, if that is what she said then it should be fine :thumbsup:

just bothered now that people might be unhappy or complain if theyve been given a satisfactory because no mindees that day. She did say if I had no children on books and hadnt minded for a few months satisfactory all I could get...hope anyone whose got satisfactory because no children hold anything against me????

estrelas
12-01-2010, 02:07 PM
DONT WORRY 'M SURE IT WILL BE FINE X

OOPS CAPS ON

WELL DONE XXXXXX

Pauline
12-01-2010, 02:08 PM
just bothered now that people might be unhappy or complain if theyve been given a satisfactory because no mindees that day. She did say if I had no children on books and hadnt minded for a few months satisfactory all I could get...hope anyone whose got satisfactory because no children hold anything against me????

She could obviously see that you were more than capable, stop worrying and enjoy your grade. :D

Mouse
12-01-2010, 02:36 PM

That happened when I got my good grade when I didn't have any children present. Another cm had her inspection shortly after & got satisfactory. She told everyone she only got satisfactory because she had no children there on the day, otherwise she'd have got good.
She wasn't at all happy about me getting good in the same circumstances, and let people know all about it.
She did complain to our local early years team who very tactfully pointed out that she wasn't actually that good & would only have got satisfactory even if she had had children there :thumbsup:

Enjoy your grade & be proud of it. If you managed that with no children there, you must have really impressed her...who knows what you'd have got if you'd actually been minding!
If anyone doesn't like it, they're probably jealous, so ignore them. Don't let it take the shine off your achievement.

Cazz
12-01-2010, 04:49 PM

STOP WORRYING and congratulate yourself on your grade.

Nobody's going to hold anything against you - you got Good because that's what YOU deserved.

I know how worried you were - please don't start worrying again because of a couple of comments on here and from anywhere else!

I very much doubt that the grade will be changed - she told you before AND at the inspection that no children present wouldn't make a difference, so it obviously doesn't.

Relax and enjoy your evening (you can start worrying again for me when I get the call!!)

Congratulations and well done :clapping: :clapping:

guest3
12-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Well done Kerrie, all that worrying is behind you now......wish it was for me!
I'm really panicking as she could call any time.

Wendy x :clapping: :clapping:

OrlandoBelle
12-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Congratulations Kerrie! :clapping: Glad it all went well. xxx

miffy
12-01-2010, 05:49 PM
Well done you!

Miffy xx

nannymcflea
12-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Well done you, thats fab news.:clapping:

zillervalley
12-01-2010, 06:58 PM
well done to you, :clapping: :clapping:

MrsT333
12-01-2010, 07:58 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
congratulations to you

Pauline
12-01-2010, 09:48 PM
STOP WORRYING and congratulate yourself on your grade.

Nobody's going to hold anything against you - you got Good because that's what YOU deserved.

I know how worried you were - please don't start worrying again because of a couple of comments on here and from anywhere else!

Angel and I were not suggesting she didn't deserve it, we were just curious as to whether Ofsted had changed the inspection rules.

Cazz
13-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Angel and I were not suggesting she didn't deserve it, we were just curious as to whether Ofsted had changed the inspection rules.

Sorry Pauline, I wasn't implying anything - it's just that I was "talking" to Kerrie quite a bit the day before and I know that she was really worried about the inspection and the fact that she didn't have any mindees.

I was just trying to lift her spirits as she seemed a bit concerned about the grading again and wanted to help her realise that she does deserve a good.
I know where she's coming from as we've both been through similar things with siblings and it can really knock your confidence.

Hope I didn't speak out of turn - I was just trying to be supportive to one of my new friends. Now I'm worried - I don't want to be in trouble with the boss!

Pauline
13-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Sorry Pauline, I wasn't implying anything - it's just that I was "talking" to Kerrie quite a bit the day before and I know that she was really worried about the inspection and the fact that she didn't have any mindees.

I was just trying to lift her spirits as she seemed a bit concerned about the grading again and wanted to help her realise that she does deserve a good.
I know where she's coming from as we've both been through similar things with siblings and it can really knock your confidence.

Hope I didn't speak out of turn - I was just trying to be supportive to one of my new friends. Now I'm worried - I don't want to be in trouble with the boss!

LOL No you are not in trouble!! :laughing: It was me who felt sad for even raising the subject and causing Kerrie any distress, that is the last thing I wanted to do. :(

I think Ofsted ought to give us some kind of receipt to prove the grade they have given on the day, while we wait for the official report to arrive. It would save lots of worrying. I know I kept worrying that I had heard right, it was only that we heard it together that gave me confidence to believe it. :rolleyes:

It's a small world
13-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Oo er I seemed to have caused abit of a stir. I know where you are all coming from and cazz could see why I was a little upset because of things that had happened in my personal life (I know no-one was putting me down and were just querying why I had been given this grade with no mindees) I queried this with her before she came AND again when she was here and her words were that if I hadn't been minding for a few months or didn't reach the requirements then I would get a satisfactory.however I had all correct paperwork including a file for my own son!!! And letters from parents about how they feel about my settings etc. Therefore got good. Maybe we could look into it. Maybe sone areas work diff although this should not be the case I don't know ( could be a topic point ?) I personally don't think you should be down graded just because you don't have mindees that day.after all she didn't do that much observing ( too busy Reading sef anx paperwork) i know she could look up every now and then but still alot of reading involved) anyway this is something that should be looked into! Please no falling out I know people will query this as I did too but i worked hard for this including a job in the evening to get me by. I know people were just curious. It's an interesting topic point though . And could be a positive note if someone minding but not on that day. Right gone on enough now SORRY. I'm fine and hubby treating me this weekend ( oh cazz got response from family that I expected-typical!!!!!) should have known better. Going now promise .:blush:

helenlc
13-01-2010, 08:35 AM
Well done on your Good grade Kerry!!!:clapping: