PDA

View Full Version : Early Years officer visiting today!!!

maisiemog
12-01-2010, 10:34 AM
My early years officer is coming around this afternoon to help me prepare for my first ofsted inspection. Not sure how she can when I am not even minding yet!

She has to choose the day that my house is a complete and utter tip doesnt she??? I left DH in charge of the tidying last night while I went out so obviously it hasnt been done! Plus I decided to start a huge clear out whilst I have no mindees so junk everywhere! Typical hey!!!

I'm completely disorganised though!!! I'm not ready yet! Thought I was but I'm not! Argh!!!

nell57
12-01-2010, 10:49 AM
I had a visit off mine yesterday too, we had booked the time a couple of months ago, but I had completely forgot all about it until she came knocking:eek: And yes the not as tidy as it could have been:rolleyes:

She was lovely though, so I didn't mind, she is new to the job, but we had a good chat and she interacted with the children too, which I find a lot dont.

Good luck, our DO's are always a great help so hope yours will be the same:thumbsup:

maisiemog
12-01-2010, 03:13 PM
She was brilliant!! She's emailling me hundreds of templates for everything from check lists to risk assessments. She has advised that when I start minding I do my nvq 2 rather than the dhc cos of my underpinning knowledge.

Also booked myself on two training courses with her. She's helped me to put myself a good portfolio together as well.

Right I'm off to read through all the info she's given me! There is loads of it!!!

sarah707
12-01-2010, 06:54 PM
That sounds like a really good positive visit! :D