PDA

View Full Version : My dd is funny!

Cazz
10-01-2010, 09:57 PM
I was in the kitchen earlier, she came in carrying her "laptop" and asked to sit in her booster seat at the kitchen table.

I lifted her up and she opened the laptop and said "Megan do her homework" - She was 2 on December 15th!! :laughing:

How times have changed - a 2 year old associating a laptop with homework!! What happened to scruffy exercise books covered in wallpaper!! (Why did we have to use wallpaper? :huh: ) :laughing:

She's such a character and really funny, everyone that meets her loves her to bits. She makes me laugh some many times in a day (even though she deprieves me of sleep! :rolleyes: )

Sleeping Baby
10-01-2010, 10:01 PM
The wall paper was to give us something to draw around when classes were BORING.............. wern't they?

ss1983
10-01-2010, 10:01 PM
hi my little one is 2 in 2 weeks and he makes me laugh his sister is nearly 5 and he always copies her, its amazing what the youngest no at a young age.

Cazz
10-01-2010, 10:02 PM
The wall paper was to give us something to draw around when classes were BORING.............. wern't they?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Now you come to mention it .... :D

PixiePetal
10-01-2010, 10:04 PM
How cute - even to a sleep deprived mum like yourself! (glad those days are over for now - sure they will return when mine are a bit older and going out late at night!!)

I had the choice of hundreds of different wallpapers................my dad was a decorator and had got all the out of date sample books for us. Shame they don't have them anymore:rolleyes:

Cazz
10-01-2010, 10:05 PM
hi my little one is 2 in 2 weeks and he makes me laugh his sister is nearly 5 and he always copies her, its amazing what the youngest no at a young age.

I know it's amazing isn't it - she's so much more advanced with her speech and knowledge than my twins were at her age.

The downside is that my older two are 12 and I have to keep reminding them not to use inappropriate words or actions :rolleyes:

My mum says when my lo gets to school she'll be telling them everything! :laughing:

Cazz
10-01-2010, 10:10 PM
How cute - even to a sleep deprived mum like yourself! (glad those days are over for now - sure they will return when mine are a bit older and going out late at night!!)

I had the choice of hundreds of different wallpapers................my dad was a decorator and had got all the out of date sample books for us. Shame they don't have them anymore:rolleyes:

Apparently it's just as bad when they start staying out late at night cos you lay awake worrying. My older two are 12 so knowing my luck Megan will start sleeping brilliantly every night around the time the older two start staying out :rolleyes:

I bet you had the best wallpaper covered books if you had that much choice!

It's a good job the kids don't have to cover their books anymore as there's probably not many people that use wallpaper these days - certainly not childminders I wouldn't think! Having said that I think Wendywu has wallpaper - I can remember seeing photo's of her house :D

ss1983
I know it's amazing isn't it - she's so much more advanced with her speech and knowledge than my twins were at her age.

The downside is that my older two are 12 and I have to keep reminding them not to use inappropriate words or actions :rolleyes:

My mum says when my lo gets to school she'll be telling them everything! :laughing:

yeah they do the funniest things sometimes things that you no you should not laugh at but you cant help it.

touch wood my little girl had never said a bad word me and my partner never use the language but other people do.

is your 2 year old in nursery?

LOOPYLISA
My dad is a decorator, i used to get it for my books :D

Cazz
10-01-2010, 10:13 PM
yeah they do the funniest things sometimes things that you no you should not laugh at but you cant help it.

touch wood my little girl had never said a bad word me and my partner never use the language but other people do.

is your 2 year old in nursery?

She doesn't tend to hear the language here as we don't use it but there's been the very odd occasion when my son has said a bad word forgetting he's not in the school grounds fitting in with the rest of them :laughing: Fortunately Megan has never heard!

No she's not in Nursery - because her birthday is in December she won't be able to start until next January :eek: She's definetly going to be ready to go by then!!

ss1983
10-01-2010, 10:24 PM
She doesn't tend to hear the language here as we don't use it but there's been the very odd occasion when my son has said a bad word forgetting he's not in the school grounds fitting in with the rest of them :laughing: Fortunately Megan has never heard!

No she's not in Nursery - because her birthday is in December she won't be able to start until next January :eek: She's definetly going to be ready to go by then!!

ahh at our nursery they can start at 2 but im waiting for a bit, he will be hard to settle in as hes a mummys boy.
you got any ideas about how to keep them in bed at night, he goes to sleep at 7 in his bed(proper bed) i have to sit on his bed till he falls asleep, but by 12 he is awake and he walks in our bedroom and we put him in our bed i no we should not do this but we tried putting him back to his own bed but i could not handle being up all night walking backwards and forwards. i have not had a full night sleep for 2 years now
any ideas? he always wants a drink when he wakes aswell!!!!

little miss chatterbox
10-01-2010, 10:28 PM
my children are the same, although they're older 6 and 4 they always do their college work on their laptops and when they're drawing or writing!

My youngest was doing a sticker book friday and she said "mummy when you're at college what do you stick?" didn't have the heart to tell her i didn't do sticker pictures at college!

They're delightful aren't they? although they drive us mad the little things like that are what makes us remember why we had them!

Cazz
10-01-2010, 10:45 PM
ahh at our nursery they can start at 2 but im waiting for a bit, he will be hard to settle in as hes a mummys boy.
you got any ideas about how to keep them in bed at night, he goes to sleep at 7 in his bed(proper bed) i have to sit on his bed till he falls asleep, but by 12 he is awake and he walks in our bedroom and we put him in our bed i no we should not do this but we tried putting him back to his own bed but i could not handle being up all night walking backwards and forwards. i have not had a full night sleep for 2 years now
any ideas? he always wants a drink when he wakes aswell!!!!

You have my sincere sympathy!! I'm not sure I'm the best person to be giving advice about sleep - it's a bit of an issue in this house at the moment!

My dd's problem is taking hours to go to sleep or waking in the night for several hours at a time :eek: I don't know how to put a thread link on but if you go to "search" at the top and type in - I feel bad now and am in tears - you should see the thread that I typed at 2.15am the other morning!!

I was given lots of advice from the lovely people on here so there may be something of use to you. I've never put any of mine into my own bed but I can fully understand why you do it - it's no joke having to get up and down continiously in the middle of the night!

Megan is still in a cot - someone suggested I could move her to a "big girls bed" but to be honest I'm putting it off as I think I'll have a similar problem to you then! At least she's talking/singing/shouting (and occasionally crying) and I know exactly where she is :laughing:

I suppose I was spoilt - she slept through from 7 weeks and it's only been the last 3 months or so that she's been like this. Sorry I haven't been much help - I think at the end of the day it's being firm and consistent. You'll have to put him back in his bed loads and loads of times before he got the message (have you tried a gate across the bedroom door?) and be strong about not giving him a drink (as long as you're sure he definetly doesn't need one), he would eventually get the message that you are not standing for it anymore but I know full well it's easier said than done when you need some sleep yourself!

Just think - we'll have fun toilet training soon as well!!

ss1983
11-01-2010, 09:50 AM
You have my sincere sympathy!! I'm not sure I'm the best person to be giving advice about sleep - it's a bit of an issue in this house at the moment!

My dd's problem is taking hours to go to sleep or waking in the night for several hours at a time :eek: I don't know how to put a thread link on but if you go to "search" at the top and type in - I feel bad now and am in tears - you should see the thread that I typed at 2.15am the other morning!!

I was given lots of advice from the lovely people on here so there may be something of use to you. I've never put any of mine into my own bed but I can fully understand why you do it - it's no joke having to get up and down continiously in the middle of the night!

Megan is still in a cot - someone suggested I could move her to a "big girls bed" but to be honest I'm putting it off as I think I'll have a similar problem to you then! At least she's talking/singing/shouting (and occasionally crying) and I know exactly where she is :laughing:

I suppose I was spoilt - she slept through from 7 weeks and it's only been the last 3 months or so that she's been like this. Sorry I haven't been much help - I think at the end of the day it's being firm and consistent. You'll have to put him back in his bed loads and loads of times before he got the message (have you tried a gate across the bedroom door?) and be strong about not giving him a drink (as long as you're sure he definetly doesn't need one), he would eventually get the message that you are not standing for it anymore but I know full well it's easier said than done when you need some sleep yourself!

Just think - we'll have fun toilet training soon as well!!

he dont need a drink as he has one before he goes to bed, but he screams so much i give in to him, its my fault really i got to be stronger, but its hard when your so knackered to keep getting up and down all night we did try it bout 6 months ago but never worked. have not tried a stair gate on his door as he will just stand there and scream all night and dont want him to wake his sister up. i feel like crying sometimes just dont no what to do.

Rubybubbles
11-01-2010, 12:43 PM
thats so cute:D

Oh and for the record, i covered my children's school books in the clear sticky covers:blush: (they are 7 and 5) I have also done the same to any books I needed for NVQ and all the learning logs/daily dairys

Bit of an addict!! When I was at school we used strong wrapping paper:laughing:

Cazz
11-01-2010, 09:26 PM
I'm not finding her quite so funny at the moment - we're having one of THOSE evenings!!

She's still not asleep and talking/shouting with a bit of crying thrown in for good measure. I'm trying not to go up too much but I have to think about my two older children who have now gone to bed and are at school tomorrow.

I just hope when she does eventually go to sleep it will be until a reasonable hour in the morning as I'm working tomorrow again :rolleyes:

ss1983
11-01-2010, 09:40 PM
I'm not finding her quite so funny at the moment - we're having one of THOSE evenings!!

She's still not asleep and talking/shouting with a bit of crying thrown in for good measure. I'm trying not to go up too much but I have to think about my two older children who have now gone to bed and are at school tomorrow.

I just hope when she does eventually go to sleep it will be until a reasonable hour in the morning as I'm working tomorrow again :rolleyes:

oh no mine is asleep but how long for? he will be up by 12 ish tonight in our bed. not good and got to be up at 7,starting next week i am stoping his drink at night .i got to be strong

Cazz
11-01-2010, 09:52 PM
oh no mine is asleep but how long for? he will be up by 12 ish tonight in our bed. not good and got to be up at 7,starting next week i am stoping his drink at night .i got to be strong

I hope your night's not too bad.

Megan is just not able to settle tonight so I've been up to her and had to get out our good friend - the calpol! She may have a back tooth coming through so maybe it will do the trick, fingers crossed.

Aah.... she was quiet from the time I left her and my next door neighbour has just slammed a door and she's started crying again :angry: I'd really like to introduce him to door handles but I've already had to ask him to turn his tv down late at night so I don't think I'd be popular!

I sound like a right moaner but it's no joke when you have this every night and still have to function the next day. Dh is upstairs and probably asleep as we speak! :rolleyes: