PDA

View Full Version : annual return - should I panic?

Blackhorse
10-01-2010, 08:51 PM
I got a letter - just before xmas from the care commission.
I chose to not read it as I was on holidays!! LOL

Just had another look at it now...and it asks me to do my annual return by the 15th of Feb!

Does this mean I will be inspected soon or is it the same for everyone?

I got registered in May last year but didnt start working until september. (but the CC dont know that I guess)

thanks...

Gizmo
10-01-2010, 08:55 PM
This is your Care Commision return nothing to do with tax, you do it online phone cc office for password (I havent done mine yet just thought about it a few times) :thumbsup:

Blackhorse
10-01-2010, 08:56 PM
This is your Care Commision return nothing to do with tax, you do it online phone cc office for password (I havent done mine yet just thought about it a few times) :thumbsup:

didnt mean tax here Joy...just wondered whether I will get inspected soon because they asked me to do the return!

Gizmo
10-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Sorry didnt read it properly, all cms get this at the same time, another thing we werent told about, I'm glad I have cm group I have found out so much more from them than induction
I was told by cco that my inspection would be after April, I registered in June their year is April - April too

peanuts
10-01-2010, 09:03 PM
no you just have to fill it in by 15th feb. easy for the next years one as you only have to change a few things once it is saved. They will inform you when you have your inspection, i didnt get mine for months after i filled it in.

fionamal
10-01-2010, 09:03 PM
No this is the yearly retun we have to do and then nearer inspection time you have to do a self assesment which is then approx 6 weeks before your inspection but if its anything like last year it will be 6 months before

Blackhorse
10-01-2010, 09:06 PM
good!!!!

I am very glad to hear this!! what a relief!!

I found the first couple of months quite challenging to get everything organised and my first priority was to get a good system/routine going with the kids and to get to know the children and their parents...rather than focusing on paperwork etc.. I mean I have done some but I always feel I should have more...probably because I read so much on here about england and they have so much more than we I think....

ahh...will enjoy my cup of tea now. no biscuit as on my diet but that is ok(ish)

Alibali
10-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Don't worry Nicole, it's just to check on numbers etc, I did mine in a few minutes - no problems.

little chickee
14-01-2010, 09:57 AM
I actually forgot to do mine at all last year - it made no difference to anything - nobody chased me up at all about it.

I'm not saying don't do it i'm just saying don't get stressed about it!

carlen222
14-01-2010, 10:10 PM
haha, i was the exact same!!! it came in just before xmas, i freaked and put it in the drawer!!! went to do it on monday night and only took 5mins, xx

LeeAnn
15-01-2010, 08:09 AM
So glad I am not the only one who panicked! I got so stressed about it DH took it off me and stuffed it in a drawer :o :o I dug it out onWednesday and I must phone today for my password.

I also worry about how much paperwork I don;t do. I just keep thinking that my CCO literally told me to do nothing :rolleyes: the only thing she mentioned was a day to page diary. So surely if she expected aload more I should knbow about it.

Obv I DO more than that , I keep telling myself that if I get inspected, so long as I get at least satisfactory for my first one then I know where to build on it

Blackhorse
15-01-2010, 08:11 AM
I dont have daily diaries....yet

Parents didnt want them but now we will hve one for one LO who also goes to nursery and we will share it....

what paperwork do you all do?

LeeAnn
15-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Nicole -
I do daily diaries but I don't think anyone reads them.
I do a quarterly newsletter
I have a big book where I write down planning ideas, it is not organised but the stuff is in there
I am trying to get some questionnaires together but don't know where to start really.
Obv daily register and my very behind income and expenses pages :blush: :blush:
I have a diary that I write in, I dont write in it everyday but I do write in if we do something the kids really enjoy. Or if something happens I will need to check back to. I am going to try to start doing it everyday though

I know there is more I could do but not really sure where to start.

Just the other day I had a good read through some inspection repoets from people near me, they don't do very much. One woman got a very good and she ddn't have a daily diary, or any written correspondence with parents. The preferred method of communicatoin was verbal and so that was ok. Having this discussion with parents was enough to satisfy parental involvement

Curly Quavers
01-02-2010, 07:19 PM
Nicole -
I do daily diaries but I don't think anyone reads them.
I do a quarterly newsletter
I have a big book where I write down planning ideas, it is not organised but the stuff is in there
I am trying to get some questionnaires together but don't know where to start really.
Obv daily register and my very behind income and expenses pages :blush: :blush:
I have a diary that I write in, I dont write in it everyday but I do write in if we do something the kids really enjoy. Or if something happens I will need to check back to. I am going to try to start doing it everyday though

I know there is more I could do but not really sure where to start.

Just the other day I had a good read through some inspection reports from people near me, they don't do very much. One woman got a very good and she didn't have a daily diary, or any written correspondence with parents. The preferred method of communication was verbal and so that was OK. Having this discussion with parents was enough to satisfy parental involvement

I have started mine but not finished I need to get count my incidents and accidents in the year. With an LO who was a biter I have a few!!!!

But now I have logged on and looked at the form I will probably leave till last minute and like Little Chick says no stress!!!!!!