PDA

View Full Version : Techie Help Please!

Carpet Monkeys
10-01-2010, 02:36 PM
I have a load of saved websites in my Fav's on my pc, but I would like to copy and transfer them to my Laptop, any quick, easy foolproof way of doing this?

Heaven Scent
10-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Sorry to be the first one to look but I'm no good and cant help - I have dreams of being able to to put my booked marked stuff and favourites into folders - I'm glad you asked this because I have loads of items saved in favourites on an old laptop. so thank you I'll pop back later to see what advice you've had.

Good Luck.

sarah707
10-01-2010, 06:03 PM
Yes there is!

You can export your favourites list onto your desktop.

Then put them onto a memory stick and import them into IE on your laptop.

Hth :D

Carpet Monkeys
10-01-2010, 06:31 PM
Thanks Sarah, any chance of an idiots guide to do it?

Heaven Scent
10-01-2010, 06:36 PM
Sarah, what is that thing that you don't know - perhaps I could help you with it????:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Carpet Monkeys
10-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Do you just drag and drop it onto the desktop?

singingcactus
10-01-2010, 07:30 PM
You can also import them into your google account so whichever computer you log on to, your favourites are always there (assuming google isn't having any problems).

sarah707
10-01-2010, 07:36 PM
I use firefox... in my bookmarks (your favourites) there is a tab for 'organise bookmarks'... you will have an 'organise favourites'.

From there you can export your favourites - this lets you back them up as well which is useful for if your computer goes kaput.

Then you just import on your other machine.

Here it is in Microsoft speak :D

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211089

Heaven Scent
10-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Sarah - how do you know and ratain all this stuff and then have the ability to stop it all blending into one huge mass in your brain. All that plus everything to do with childminding - Me thinks there must be little men in your brain tapping away on computers who store and locate it all - or my other thoery that I had in the past could be true also and that is that you have been cloned several times but no body knows - not even your children - the others of you cunningly hide away and take turns resting - which is why you are so alert all the time.

Carpet Monkeys
10-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Thanks for all your help .. I've managed to do it, now have all my favs so far on both PC and laptop and even stored on a memory stick!!