PDA

View Full Version : Arrrgggghhhh Help!!!

Mia'smummyx
09-01-2010, 10:59 AM
I recieved my 'window film' yesterday for my glass doors, i am attempting to put it on soon, i have just tried a piece on an old mirror i have, it looks all bubbly underneath and horrible, has anyone lese used this, do they go???
I dont fancy putting it on my doors if its going to look like it does on the glass,
help please
Leah x:angry:

beccas
09-01-2010, 11:03 AM
I was told the best thing to do was spray with window cleaner then put on film slowly from top to bottom, the cleaner apprantly helps to slide it about and get bubbles out. Also apply it like wallpaper slowly from top pushing air out with cloth as you go.

amirose
09-01-2010, 11:03 AM
You need something like a credit card to smooth out the bubbles, big bubbles can be smoothed out by using a pin to make small hole. Put it on gradually starting from one corner then smooth it out as you go :thumbsup:

sweets
09-01-2010, 11:07 AM
when i did mine it advised to spray the suface with water first so that the film slides about to get it into the right position. bubbles should be smoothed out to the sides. dont do what i did with mine and be tempted to peel it back to get rid of a bubble as it leaves a line where you peeled it back to that never goes!

clio0602
09-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Not got much advice as I havin trouble with mine. Having to cut into small pieces for the window panels and looks awful every time. Will try these suggestions see if they help.

Gizmo
09-01-2010, 08:16 PM
I have safety glass on my doors and was told by my builder who installed them that glass doors made after 2005 have to have safety glass in them so I didnt need to bother with the film and my cco was happy with this :thumbsup:

Lainey Lou
09-01-2010, 08:18 PM
Hi there, we had to put huge pieces on our patio doors (I was dreading it), it worked ok though and you can't even tell they have window film on.

We were advised to spray glass first with water and washing up liquid, think the washing up liquid made the surface of the glass abit more slippy and easier to slide the film into place. I remember the directions said that the more you spray on the better, and then once we got the film in place at the top we rolled it down and we just used a window rubber wiper thingy (you know what window cleaners use) to get out the bubbles as we went down the glass. If it is a smaller area, like someone has already said, a credit card would do.

HTH xx

sarah707
09-01-2010, 08:23 PM
I always make a right mess when I am using this stuff... but you have had some good advice.

I think the trick is to be patient... and I'm not! :cool: :D