PDA

View Full Version : First Working Inspection

newminder
09-01-2010, 09:11 AM
AARRGGHHHH......I had a call of Ofsted yesterday to say they would be visiting me start of February.
She told me to make sure all my policies were in place and that I refreshed myself about safeguarding children and I know about 'limiting Judgements'
I have no clue what the limiting judgements is. Does any know?

I am really panicing as I am only looking after one child, and she is not the easiest child to get to do things.
She has tantrums if she doesn't want to do things and at the moment is having screaming fits just because the TV isn't on.

Also I see alot of people referring to SEF. I have no idea what this is, or whether I shold have it!!!!

i am so worried I am going to get a bad outcome.

Any advice greatfully received

Shell

beccas
09-01-2010, 10:51 AM
AARRGGHHHH......I had a call of Ofsted yesterday to say they would be visiting me start of February.
She told me to make sure all my policies were in place and that I refreshed myself about safeguarding children and I know about 'limiting Judgements'
I have no clue what the limiting judgements is. Does any know?
Try this
www.leadermagazine.co.uk/article.php?id=1475

I am really panicing as I am only looking after one child, and she is not the easiest child to get to do things.
She has tantrums if she doesn't want to do things and at the moment is having screaming fits just because the TV isn't on.

Also I see alot of people referring to SEF. I have no idea what this is, or whether I shold have it!!!!

You should have recieved a password and stuff of ofsted to activate this, it is all about self evaluation dont worry it is not compulsury.

i am so worried I am going to get a bad outcome.
Dont worry as long as you have got all your paper work in order and if the child does tantrum just make sure you deal with it calmly and correct.

Any advice greatfully received

Shell

Finally calm down and breath

newminder
09-01-2010, 11:55 AM
Thank you for the reply. I have not received anything off Ofstd regarding this SEF so I shall tell her that when she come.

Off to look at the link.

thank you again

Shell