PDA

View Full Version : my babies in the snow

flora
08-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Thought you would like to see the pics of my babies in the snow. :D

Charlie is now 8months old and as you can see is almost as tall as mum :clapping:

He's gonna be a big boy :eek:

I have to say though I am thrououghly fed up with the snow now :(

It is so hard keeping all the animals warm and dry when it is soooo cold for sooo long. It has never been this bad since we have lived here.

The pigs are ok, but poor nige has been unfreezing their water pipes today as it is soooo cold they have frozen even inside the buildings.

Anyway, enjoy the pics :clapping:

MrsT333
08-01-2010, 05:23 PM
Lovely photo's, :clapping:
your very lucky to have horses......for my 40th birthday that is going to be my treat to myself.....my own horse!! only 6 years to go:)

miffy
08-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Oh bless, when I read the title, I hoped it would be pictures of Charlie :thumbsup:

My he has grown and what a handsome boy he is :) Looks like he will be taller than Maggie.

Thanks for sharing

Miffy xx

Trouble
08-01-2010, 05:25 PM
what a big baby:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

wendywu
08-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Lovely photos, like a post card.:)

PixiePetal
08-01-2010, 05:31 PM
:thumbsup: Lovely pics

I remember waiting for the news of Charlies birth, is it really that long ago :)

Our cows are indoors and have been for a while (in a barn, not the house :laughing: !) It's a full time job keeping pipes de frosted but one that has to be done - glad it's not my job though!!

flora
08-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Lovely photo's, :clapping:
your very lucky to have horses......for my 40th birthday that is going to be my treat to myself.....my own horse!! only 6 years to go:)

I am very very lucky. And I have an amazingly tolerant hubbie.

He bought me Flour for my 30th and it has all gone downhill from there :D

We now have 7 on the farm, 5 of which belong to me :blush:

I hope you treat yourself, gives you time to save. Goood luck:clapping:

flora
08-01-2010, 05:37 PM
:thumbsup: Lovely pics

I remember waiting for the news of Charlies birth, is it really that long ago :)

Our cows are indoors and have been for a while (in a barn, not the house :laughing: !) It's a full time job keeping pipes de frosted but one that has to be done - glad it's not my job though!!

I know I can hardly believe it myself, he's only 8 months old and so I think he will keep on growing for Britain :laughing:

Maggie, fell in the ond two weeks ago, just walked out onto the ice and fell through it silly mare :panic:

She got out ok, but was saoking wet and very cold, had to take her into the pig building for three hours to warm up and dry out, she has stayed away since :thumbsup:

RachelE
08-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Fab pictures!

Gosh, Charlie is huge now isnt he?!

I was going to ask how you were doing now you dont have any mindees - but I guess the animals are keeping you busy in the bad weather! Dont envy you!

Must catch up again with the girls - when the weather gets better!

Take Care,
Rachel x

flora
08-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Fab pictures!

Gosh, Charlie is huge now isnt he?!

I was going to ask how you were doing now you dont have any mindees - but I guess the animals are keeping you busy in the bad weather! Dont envy you!

Must catch up again with the girls - when the weather gets better!
Take Care,
Rachel x

Yes they are Rachel, thank goodness I am not working I would be going mad right now if I was.

Was supposed to have A and S today as their parents were going to dad's retiremnt do, but they cancelled that due to the bad weather :thumbsup:

Catching up sound good, if still snowy next week we will pop over as there will be no pg :thumbsup:

Heaven Scent
08-01-2010, 06:04 PM
i hadn't realised that you had Shire Horses I love them - There used to be 2 in a farm within a park in Didsbury Manchester where I lived when I first moved over here from Ireland.

We used to take the children from the school where I worked there on a weekly basis (at least) and once when we took at group of 6-7yr olds and the male which was absolutely Huge was feeling a bit friskey which casued some amazement for the children who kept asking what it was - well I'd never seen anything like it - it hung down to the ground it made my eyes water:blush: :blush: . I told the children it was an extra leg to help him with his work on the farm and most accepted it - I know i lied and shouldn't have but I was in my 20's and not long over from Ireland where we didn't talk openly about such things - we didn't even call any sort of toilet functions by their proper names - we didn't even call the toilet a toilet - it was a powder room etc - I used to get embarrassed when I first came here and the children said they needed a wee and a poo - my sisters & friends still look shocked if I say it. - anyhow one totally delicious little boy who had a deep voice said in his best manchester accent "That's not a leg it's his willy!!!!" so the other teacher and I laughed and winked at him and just whispered to him that he was right but we were joking and as he had a brilliant sense of humour he joined in the joke - bless him.

jaja
08-01-2010, 06:13 PM
oh wow. hes hugh, is he the one that abigail had a ride on? she loved it.....

How come you now have 7 horses? u got some more or havent i counted right? remember brain isnt working tonight its been fried today....lol....lol...lol

We still need to go out for your birthday:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

take care and talk soon,,, jen xx

Annie_T
08-01-2010, 06:27 PM
aww lovely pics hun x

solly
08-01-2010, 06:30 PM
They are lovely your youngster is going to be big:)

I have a belguim warmblood x thououghbred who will be 3 in August i have had her since she was 5 months old and was brought for me for my 16th wedding anniversary.:)
I am looking forward to backing her this spring/summer,