PDA

View Full Version : What a waste of time and washing powder!

Chatterbox Childcare
07-01-2010, 11:15 PM
My DD school have said that IF they open tomorrow, watch the website after 6am, then it will be at 11.10am and they will finish at 2.50pm

Why are they bothering? I don't think mine will be goin gin

charleyfarley
07-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Our school said listen to the local radio station which we did but update is at 8.30, no point when you leave at 8.20 to get there, some parents leave even earlier :panic:

Our school is ALWAYS open no mattere what :angry:

Carol xx

angeldelight
08-01-2010, 07:30 AM
My DD school have said that IF they open tomorrow, watch the website after 6am, then it will be at 11.10am and they will finish at 2.50pm

Oh I cant see the point really

Our school closed yesterday but allowed children to come in at 10 but they told you that when you arrived at the normal time - so a bit late then

Then you were able to collect at 2 but once again you were not told that until we collected at 3.15

They have decided to close today due to health and safety issues

Said most schools might also be closed Monday due to the forcast being that everyone is going to get bad weather on Sunday

If the weather is like it is now at any stage now or in the next few mths I am going to stay put and not do school run

Only 40 kids turned up at our school yesterday so seems like everyone else had the right idea :laughing:

Angel xx

mama2three
08-01-2010, 08:41 AM
My eldest has gsces on the horizon , so more time off is just not an option. school has opened today to years 11 12 and 13. Thank heavens hes well past the school run stage!
the youngest should be at forest school , but cant face the walk with mindee in the buggy so he'll need to miss it for today. Shame as they would have a whale of a time , on Tuesday they looked for rabbit tracks , built snow animals , and went sledging. amongst all the free-play and rolling around in the snow of course! I do sometimes wish i was 3!!

PixiePetal
08-01-2010, 08:49 AM
My kids school is closed for years 7, 8 and 9. Years 10 and 11 may open at 11am if teachers can get there - review at 9.30 :rolleyes:

Bus not been running to get her there and even if it does the nearest one in time for 11am start is 9.15am from the top of the lane.

So DH might have to take her in the farm landrover and pick her up at 3.15pm. Only upside is I could send him to Waitrose if he does :thumbsup:

If she stays off, I have told her she will have to set aside revision time - not happy :laughing:

miffy
08-01-2010, 09:07 AM

Seems a bit daft to me!

Don't think I'd be taking mine either - just not worth the effort

Miffy xx

TheBTeam
08-01-2010, 09:19 AM
Ours was due to shut at 11.30 for a funeral anyway, so they have done what we wanted them to do but the county council wouldn't let them is shut all day!

Our linked infants has also shut as the site is dangerous and we have an older lady caretaker who couldn't possibly clear on her own!

Chatterbox Childcare
08-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Now have to go to Swansea which will be a 4.5 hour round trip minimum so DD cannot go to school. Don't feel comfortable leaving her here on her own with the weather so bad in case she has a fall and no one else immediately to hand. She is a very responsible 13 year old but you never know.

PixiePetal
08-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Well I am not sending DD to school!

Think the school are covering themselves TBH. Our car is frozen, the lane is frozen, no bus is running - she may have been able to get a lift with BIL as he has a 4x4 but where do you stop and think sensibly. If it does snow later in the day DD might have dificulty getting home too :rolleyes:

The school website says the following

****** school will be open today from 11am for year 10 and 11 students. We will be operating as normal a timetable as possible for periods 3,4 and 5. We will close at the usual time of 3.15pm. Canteen will be open for lunch as normal. Year 10 and 11 students should make every effort to attend the school between 11am and 3.15pm but should only travel if parents are confident that the journey will be safe and they will also be able to return home safely at the end of the day

That last bit really decided me - due more snow at some point and don't want to be worried how she will get home.

They have shifted the responsibility to parents and I made the decision for her. Bless her, she had just got a shower and put her uniform on too :laughing:

Carpet Monkeys
08-01-2010, 10:30 AM
We were notified last night that my local school isn't opening today and basically watch the website .... I contacted work, and they asked me which school it was as they will be contacting all the schools to ensure that we aren't pulling a fast one - what a joke, roll on CRB and reg cert!

jelly15
08-01-2010, 10:30 AM
My DSs school shut again, message of school disruptions posted on county council website night before. More snow forecast for Sun & Mon, DS 17 has AS level resit on Tues and school open for them reguardless of travel issues. Will have to drive him or he will have to walk 5 miles to get there for 8.45am:eek:

PixiePetal
08-01-2010, 10:33 AM
My DSs school shut again, message of school disruptions posted on county council website night before. More snow forecast for Sun & Mon, DS 17 has AS level resit on Tues and school open for them reguardless of travel issues. Will have to drive him or he will have to walk 5 miles to get there for 8.45am:eek:

DD has a science exam - biology I think - on Thurs so hoping it will be clear, she will be revising today at home:thumbsup:

grindal
08-01-2010, 11:27 AM
At least the uniform is washed for next week - I assume that is what the reference to washing powder mean?!