PDA

View Full Version : Made £82 from a broken phone!!!!

Chell
07-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Just before Christmas DHs phone, a Nokia N95 died. He done loads of Google searches about the problem, called his contract provider, etc and it appeared it couldn't be fixed.

I looked at Envirofone and it mentioned being able to still get cash if the phone didn't work as the metals inside are quite valuable. They test each phone then send you an offer whic you can decline.

I've just had an email to say we'll be getting £82.48.

They pay the postage to return the phone although you can take it to the Post Office and pay a little extra to send it recorded or registered if you want to track the parcel.

You also get cash back through Quidco for registering with Envirofone and a small amount for each phone you send.

In July I had £24.09 for a Nokia 3250.

http://www.envirofone.com/

Heaven Scent
07-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Wow lucky you - I got £112 on a trade in for my broken N95 with the wrong cover on last year at carphone warehouse. - crazy isn't it - but a working samsung I got instead wasn't worth diddley scott and paid £75.00 for that in the sale and it was new I'd just asked to see if in a couple of months it would have been worth my while trading it in it even had a 5mega pixel camera.

Chell
07-01-2010, 11:33 AM
There is a list on the site I linked to that tells you what each phone is worth, try your Samsung on there.

LittleMissSparkles
07-01-2010, 12:07 PM
I got £106 for 2 phones I send to the News Of The World phone recycling programme :thumbsup:

Mollymop
07-01-2010, 12:42 PM
I just checked 2 of my old phones that I bought about 3 years ago and one of Darrens which was new 2 years ago and they would give me £4 each for them - I think I will just keep them for my kids to play with :D

Annie_T
07-01-2010, 04:58 PM
thats good

i recycle mobs for prizes for the children (each child can save for a prize - set amount mobs needed) its great they also recycle ink cartridges

it not with these it with someone else (cant think name at mo lol)