PDA

View Full Version : lol got told go home as walked to school

Annie_T
07-01-2010, 09:11 AM
lol i decided my 2 kids wasnt gonna go breakfast club this morning as didnt want rush in snow (we walk but didnt want fall over)

we managed to get to the bus stop which is 1 min away (if that) to be told by a parent to go home years 3-5 are being told go home (if parent brought in, rest will be called)

there is no heating ... year 6 had stay due to sats (im guessing they will move them to infants hall)

infants are still in as they have their own building other side of school .. kids are now playing in their rooms bless them

last night my girl said 'yes snow so we get a day ofF ... HOLIDAY yay' haha

THE SCHOOL IS ON OUR LOCAL RADIO SITE AS OPEN but told they mentioned years 3-5 not to go in at 7am then 7.30am .. i was just getting up then lol

TheBTeam
07-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Mm, my son is in yr6 but he has only been in tuesday so far, and because of a teacher funeral the school was due to shut at 11.30 tomorrow anyway, so am guessing that now they wont bother opening!

madasahatter
07-01-2010, 10:41 AM
I was a bit miffed this morning. I missed the 7.15 local radio bulletin on closed schools. Usually they update every 1/2 hour but today said the next bulletin would be 8.15.....well that's too late for DS, he has to set off at 8am. Also the council website and the bbc local websites were both showing yesterdays closures and hadn't been updated. School phone busy....obviously everyone ringing to find out if they had to send their kids in. School website said planning to open but to listen to local radio in case closed......ggrrrrrr

Annie_T
07-01-2010, 04:59 PM
School website said planning to open but to listen to local radio in case closed......ggrrrrrr

thats silly - not your fault the radio's they should keep the updates reg as possible for those who have to travel that ickle bit further.

my 2 wont be going in 2moro either