PDA

View Full Version : A COLD THURSDAY BRRRRRRRR

angeldelight
07-01-2010, 07:08 AM
Morning Everyone

Another really cold day everywhere I think - heating is going to cost us all a fortune ?

Still lots of snow here - some is a bit slippy this morning but not that bad - still dreading the school run though with the toddlers - they always manage to fall when holding your hand and almost take you with them :laughing:

We are just going to be going with the flow today maybe do some winter stuff but more than likely be outside - so I can play in the snow :laughing: :laughing:

What is everyone doing today ?

Hope you have a great day - wrap up warm if you have to go outdoors

Angel xxx

Bananabrain
07-01-2010, 07:11 AM
Morning Angel, hope you have a good day,and stay warm!

FussyElmo
07-01-2010, 07:12 AM
Well im going toddler group this morning to see everyone going stir crazy being in the house. Then this afternoon must do my accounts. Then have to get dd to her dance rehearsal as she is in a show at the regent theatre (proud mummy time).

Have a good day - its freezing here :thumbsup:

charleyfarley
07-01-2010, 07:15 AM
Morning Angel

I'm not that cold this morning but wasn't it cold last night.:eek:

I'm not sure what we are doing today as lo moaned the whole time we were out in the snow yesterday.
I'm hoping the other mindee is wrapped up warm and has gloves today as he was freezing on the school runs.

Have a great day everyone

Carol xx

charleyfarley
07-01-2010, 07:18 AM
Then have to get dd to her dance rehearsal as she is in a show at the regent theatre (proud mummy time).

Have a good day - its freezing here :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Ooohh well done to your daughter FussyElmo :clapping: :clapping: , not surprised you are a proud mommy. Hope it goes wel
l
Carol xx

Roseolivia
07-01-2010, 07:20 AM
Morning everyone. Do't think it snowed here last night but it's very cold. Have had 1 mindee cancel, but still due another 4. Lose 3 though at 9am so another quiet day. Playgroup closed due to weather so need to entertain baby all day:laughing:
Have a great day everyone.

marian
07-01-2010, 07:23 AM
Our local toddler group has been cancelled this morning:(
so will do some free play, a bit of playdoh etc - thats when we eventually return from the school run!
Hopefully they will all come dressed suitably for the snow and school run today:rolleyes: - but not holding my breath!!:laughing:

angeldelight
07-01-2010, 07:31 AM
ooooooooh I have a unexpected free day

Just school runs taking and collecting now - other children are not coming

So I have a nice day to myself - hmmmm now what shall I do - paperwork or shopping ??? :laughing:

Angel xx

ORKSIE
07-01-2010, 07:44 AM
Morning all...Snowed here again in the night, its :cold:
I have school run, then the morning to myself :thumbsup:

Stay warm and safe everyone XX

cherry
07-01-2010, 07:51 AM
Busy day today, all of the schools round here are still closed.

Some parents are going to try to get to work today even though we still have about 4inches of snow and the temperature is minus 4 at the moment.

Just had a phone call from a parent while writing this, they can't get out of their drive, too icy.

Cammie Doodle
07-01-2010, 07:56 AM
Not sure who I have as yet. 2 cancelled last night , but still waiting to hear if school closed :rolleyes: Baby who lives over the back of me should be here. So I have been ironing :eek: Whilst waiting for him to arrive .Very white here and it has froze overnight so snow very very crisp

breezy
07-01-2010, 07:59 AM
All the schools shut, so due a houseful, keep hoping they cant get here, but no ones cancelled yet:(
out in the snow first then snowy crafts and dvds I think!
So hard to entertain from 12 years to 2 years the older ones being harder to please !!!!!!!! Oh and the extra food, is it me or does snow make them hungry?

maisiemog
07-01-2010, 08:04 AM
Today I'm cleaning....anything to distract me from food!!! :laughing:

I got a bit hooked on the twilight book yesterday and didnt do anything more than was essential so better catch up today before DH moans at me!!!

After that I'm gonna brave the weather and take a trip to town. Need to get a few little bits. Not looking forward to that trip!!!

estrelas
07-01-2010, 08:10 AM
Morning all

Same here, cold, icy, snowy :(

Off to do school run in a min, thankfully no buggy till later

Be careful everyone xxx
And have a great day x

singlewiththree
07-01-2010, 08:15 AM
everyone cancelled with me :clapping: so only my three daughters who are bored now having been off school since Monday. We were invited to play yesterday but it was too cold to walk there 40mins, play and back again but we are going to attempt it today as we all have cabin fever! We did manage to get to soft play yesterday as its a 5 mins walk from my house so sledged them up and pulled like mad. At least we have food now that Ocado made it! Going to email a thank you to them I think :)

miss mopple
07-01-2010, 08:23 AM
No school run for me as they are all closed :clapping:

Only have one mindee and he's best mates with DD2 so expect I wont be needed much today as they will play together :thumbsup:

Must try to get my accounts up to date and pay my tax bill

Andrea08
07-01-2010, 08:30 AM
Good morning,,, im in the dark at the mo...DS school open till 1.15pm face book is down so dont know yet about the other schools or if any other children are getting to mine? it scares me out there and i refuse to drive so im not collecting any child in my car,,, not risking my insurance

be safe every1 xxx

miffy
07-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Morning everyone

It's been very cold here overnight and more snow forecast today!

Local schools have re-opened today, glad I haven't got to do any school runs.

Keep warm

Miffy xx

solly
07-01-2010, 09:13 AM
Have an unexpected day off:clapping: so when i finally read all the posts on here i will get cracking with my planning,

angeldelight
07-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Have an unexpected day off:clapping: so when i finally read all the posts on here i will get cracking with my planning,

So what you still doing here ? :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

solly
07-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Looking for ideas:) I have found a post which there are loads of good ideas am looking for lots of ideas on opposites. need some motivation