PDA

View Full Version : OFSTED INSPECTION

It's a small world
06-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Ok a few daft questions about ofsted visit:

Mrs O coming next week I have no mindees only my ds 2 (been told this will not effect my grade)
Anyway want to use visit and ds as a noraml day if I have mindees(ie ds being my mindee).

Now if I need to leave the room am I ok to leave mindee (ds) for example if I need the toilet? Have a downstairs toilet so don;t need to go upstairs..just wondering.

I can see living room from kitchen so ok when preparing food.

I have all my RA'S upto date. Attendance file is upto date. Invoices in order (accounts not quite - thats my new years resolution....will she check these?). Just got to update one mindees learning journal...just need photos...

Oh if Im not ready now never will be.......whats meant to be is meant to be....just hope I dont get a satisfactory.......:panic:

caz3007
06-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Cant comment on your loo bit, I quickly went when I took mindie to wash his hands when Mrs Ofsted was here.

She wont be interested in your accounts, thats between you and Mr Taxman.

Hope all goes well

Chatterbox Childcare
06-01-2010, 08:59 PM
It has always been my understanding that unless you have mindees the highest you can get is satisfactory? Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I would check.

When my inspector came in I asked to see her id and said that she had the approval of Ofsted so I would leave my children in the room alone with her and she was happy with that but I think it was good to emphasize that I knew good practice.

Merry-Minder
06-01-2010, 09:05 PM
but what if she asks 'what do you do when no one is here'??

This question always worried me, and luckily I didnt need to go to the toilet during my inspection, but I would have said that I leave the child for a quick minute whilst I go the loo, the alternative is bringing them with me and im sure they would like that less!!
As long as you are risk assessed to the hilt then they are surely ok while you nip out of the room - thats my take anyway.

xxx

It's a small world
06-01-2010, 09:06 PM
When I toldher I didnt have any mindees next week she said this wouldnt be a problem. Told her could we not reschedule as dont want to get a satisfactory. She told me this is not the case as I am minding just not on the day she is visiting. She has a deadline that she has to meet where she has to visit and write report by 2 weeks friday and is limited to dates she can visit ...but told me I could still get good provising I meet the requirements. Quoted by ofsted so if I only get sat due to no mindees ofsted will be hearing from me. Ladys lovely as she did my pre reg....just wanted to check on correct procedure if I needed a visit !!!! (will make sure I go before she comes)