PDA

View Full Version : i feel terrible, tooth fairy

TheBTeam
06-01-2010, 07:55 AM
my dd 7's tooth came out just as she was going to bed, she got up in tears this morning as the toothfairy did not come!

She must have got so caught up in worrying about the snow that she didn't get here!

I feel awful beyond belief!

Roseolivia
06-01-2010, 07:57 AM
What a bad tooth fairy:laughing:

06-01-2010, 08:06 AM
I've forgotton before. I just told my dd that the toothfairy can get really busy sometimes and that she pays double if shes a day late :). My dd was chuffed the next morning when she woke up to £2 under her pillow instead of the standard £1

Tatia
06-01-2010, 08:09 AM
The Tooth Fairy could leave a note tonight explaining how she got stuck in the snow! :laughing: And I agree, double the amount!

nannymcflea
06-01-2010, 08:12 AM
pop the money beside the bed or on the floor whilst she's not looking and then go say "have you looked properly"....mine have both fallen for this in the past....then "It must have fallen out whilst you were asleep!"

gigglinggoblin
06-01-2010, 08:14 AM
When the tooth fairy forgot ds I said he had probably just wriggled too much in the night and it had fallen down the side of the bed. After a quick search I managed to 'find' it!

TheBTeam
06-01-2010, 08:33 AM
Cant get away with that, the tooth was still in the pot and her note was beside it, normally the tooth fairy takes the note and tooth and replaces the tooth with the money as it fits into the pot, and writes a little note.

She was upset but is seeming to understand that the lateness of the tooth coming out and the snow will have made all the houses look the same, so the toothfairy probably had the night off, just like they have the day off of school today!

peanuts
06-01-2010, 08:42 AM
get the tooth fairy to write a note saying she was held up with the snow.

suez
06-01-2010, 08:46 AM
well a couple of yrs ago i made a boo boo with my kids
1 of the girls tooth had come out id done the money thing n hid the tooth in my purse till i could put it with the others....well a couple of months later whilst payin for goods at a till i had 1 of the girls with me when i opened the purse n without thinkin i said "oh look i still got that tooth here" i quickly realised wat i said flushed red ,the shop assistant just looked at me horrified lol :blush:

Cazz
06-01-2010, 10:26 AM
well a couple of yrs ago i made a boo boo with my kids
1 of the girls tooth had come out id done the money thing n hid the tooth in my purse till i could put it with the others....well a couple of months later whilst payin for goods at a till i had 1 of the girls with me when i opened the purse n without thinkin i said "oh look i still got that tooth here" i quickly realised wat i said flushed red ,the shop assistant just looked at me horrified lol :blush:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That made me chuckle - I can just imagine your face!!

I've forgotten before as well - I just said that the tooth fairy is sometimes really busy and can't get round everyone (no snow as an excuse though!).

Have to say the tooth fairy still only left £1.00 when she came the next night though - maybe I'm really mean but it's considerably more than I used to get :laughing:

Alibali
06-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Snowed in the same as everyone else!!

sweets
06-01-2010, 07:44 PM
well what a load of rubbish toothfairies! you should all be sacked :laughing:

Cazz
06-01-2010, 11:18 PM
well what a load of rubbish toothfairies! you should all be sacked :laughing:

I wish - I'd save a fortune :laughing:

mama2three
06-01-2010, 11:22 PM
i once read of a tooth fairy who left a note saying that she wasnt leaving any money as the tooth hadnt been looked after and brushed regularly and she hoped the next one to come out would be much better!! :laughing:

TheBTeam
07-01-2010, 10:55 AM
The tooth fairy came last night, still only left a pound and a note saying sorry couldn't come because of snow, and a little reminder about cleaning teeth!

My dd hates cleaning her teeth!

Andrea08
07-01-2010, 12:08 PM
just been on i-Child they have a toothfairy poster or certificate to print off..

put in an envalope and £1 and put in your letter box ,,,white lie and say there is a letter for you and let the child open it up...

saves on the guilt a little...but my DS is 11 and lost a tooth at xmas said it was worth £5,,,, cheeky

TheBTeam
07-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Thank you will look at the ****** site, something for next time!