PDA

View Full Version : Holidays in Ireland

littletreasures
05-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Charlotte and I fancy holidaying in Ireland this summer (need to convince hubby)

Has anyone been there or know of any good places to go?

Heaven Scent
05-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Yes I've been ............:) :)

littletreasures
05-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Yes I've been ............:) :)

More details please. Whereabouts did you stay? Is there plenty to do?

Carpet Monkeys
05-01-2010, 09:56 PM
North or South, DH is from North - recommend Giants Causeway, Co Fermanagh for the lovely lakes, Belfast for shopping, Portrush for the Beach .

Heaven Scent
05-01-2010, 10:45 PM
More details please. Whereabouts did you stay? Is there plenty to do?

Sos - I was messing about there I was waiting for others to come along and notice.

Actually I am Irish - I was born there and lived there for 25 years and go back at least once per year. lkl_fawcett has mentioned some lovely places - Where do you fancy - City or rural or Country or Seaside. Do you fancy the east or west coast? Take a look at it on the internet and I'll give you pointers - if that would help - you see I am very biased and I love most of it - There is one City I wouldn't recommend as it has a bad reputation and a friend of mine was murdered there so again I'm biased - but here again my sisters friend was murdered in a park near where I come from and it never stopped me going to the park so I shouldn't let that influence my opinion of the city - when are you thinking of going - there are a lot of different festival held at different times of the year all over the country - so that would influence my recommendation - Also what type of thing are you interested in. Sorry I don't seem to have been very helpful but its a whole country and 1 visit so I would like to get it right for you.

Sos for my wee joke earlier - I'm from Dublin but have friends in various parts of the country!!!

mumof1
05-01-2010, 11:46 PM
What part? i live in belfast :D Tho dublin is much nicer, but belfast is much cheaper cos of the euro in the south. All dubliners come to belfast for there shopping, only 2 hour drive so not 2 bad, so u cld do both if u wanted 2 :D

Bananabrain
06-01-2010, 07:03 AM
Go!!!
Absolutely loved Ireland.
Want to live there,loved it so much.

littletreasures
06-01-2010, 07:35 AM
Celeste - that's why I put message on here, knew someone would be able to help.

Haven't got a clue what we really want to do. Charlotte will be 16. Toby has said if we're going to Cornwall he's not coming!! (He'' be 18 so can stay at home and look after the dogs which will save some money).

Southern Ireland probably. Charlotte likes the beach, but want to see some sights as well.

I will look on a few websites to see some things and get back to you