PDA

View Full Version : Shower

patevans
05-01-2010, 08:18 PM
My shower is playing up big time, I am only getting luke warm water from it :angry: when the plumber tried it yesterday he had hot water from it but I have just gone to have a shower it cold again.

Someone said if its the element then its cheaper to buy a new shower which is fine but are they easy to fit - not as in me fitting it but someone who knows what they are doing?

FizzysFriends
05-01-2010, 08:50 PM
It depends on what type of shower, one is really easy to fit (as Im average DIYer), but if its a power shower then you need to get an electrician in to do part of it.

LOOPYLISA
05-01-2010, 08:54 PM
Hubs is a plumber, at the moment all electric showers arnt working to there max efficency because the inlet water temp is so low but yes if the element has gone it normally is cheaper to buy a new shower :thumbsup:

caz3007
06-01-2010, 08:53 AM
Have you tried descaling the shower head, if the pressure is at all low, then it can make the shower play up regarding the temperature. My hubby works for a plumbers merchant and he bought home a self descaling shower head and touch wood, ours has been fine since

Mrs.L.C
06-01-2010, 09:17 AM
might sound silly but have checked that no one has put it on a timer and its not coming on first thing in the morning but later in the day which is why the plumber got hot water and you dont?

patevans
06-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Have you tried descaling the shower head, if the pressure is at all low, then it can make the shower play up regarding the temperature. My hubby works for a plumbers merchant and he bought home a self descaling shower head and touch wood, ours has been fine since

Yep tried a brand new head and its still the same, just had a burst of hot water from it then returned to luke warm so as someone said it could be because its so so cold at the minute :huh: