PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about consumer rights?

Mouse
05-01-2010, 08:00 PM
I've just had a pushchair delivered from Amazon.

The description says it comes with 2 parasols & 2 footmuffs, but they aren't actually included. It sounds as if there's an error on the description & they aren't supposed to be included.

Does anyone know where I stand on this?

I would be able to return the pushchair for a full refund, but don't really want to. I want the pushchair with the extras as advertised.

They are supposed to be getting back to me in a couple of days, but would be interested to know what you thought.

Hebs
05-01-2010, 08:02 PM
i think online sales and store sales differ?

i know sales have to sell as advertised but internet sales can be subject to change

angeldelight
05-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Sorry I have no idea

I think I would wait and see what they have to say to you first before you take it further?

There is the Consumer Direct Website that I have found helpful in the past

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/

Angel xx

FizzysFriends
05-01-2010, 08:04 PM
I think that once they take payment you are both accepting the sale and therefore you should get what is described, that is why companies don't take payment straight away.

Hebs
05-01-2010, 08:21 PM
according to that link..

Your Rights
If you have bought goods you have a right to expect that they should be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality:

‘As described’ means that it should correspond to any description given about the goods such as the quantity, colour, measurements etc. These descriptions may be verbal statements about the goods, statements in the brochure, on a shelf edge or even on the box

Mouse
05-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Thanks for your replies.

I'm sure they'll just say to return it if I'm not happy with what I have got, but I'm going to push for a partial refund.

I've priced the bits that are missing & they would cost about £100 to buy separately. Hopefully I can persuade them to refund me that amount...well, it's got to be worth a try :thumbsup:

angeldelight
05-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Good luck hope you get it sorted

Angel xx