PDA

View Full Version : first aid box

It's a small world
05-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Hi

Just checking my first aid box and noticed that my bandages has a date of December 09...am I supposed to replace them? Do bandages go out of date????? Is this a daft question just seems silly as got a whole first aid box with Dec09 dates on unused and unopened do I really need to buy all new? I sthis going to be the case everytime the dates run out....bit of a waste of unused materials?????

Sorry cant get my head around this but probably a logical explanation :blush:

Tink
05-01-2010, 04:53 PM
As far as i'm aware once they are out of date they must be binned.
Use them for the children to play Dr's with or just bin them and replace.

mama2three
05-01-2010, 04:54 PM
wouldnt have thought to check til you posted that. All the things in my first aid box have expiry dates - but most are 2012 or 2013 - so about 3 or 4 years from buying the kit. Will make a great hospital role play area when they need replacing though!

It's a small world
05-01-2010, 04:58 PM
Good idea to let children play with them.....guess Im off shopping however forcast 16" snow tonight......good job ofsted not coming till next week...:blush:

miffy
05-01-2010, 04:59 PM
Yep, you need to replace

Do yourself a list of what's in your first aid kit and put the expiry date next to each item, then you can easily check, replace and update your list as necessary - Mrs O liked this idea! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

francinejayne
05-01-2010, 07:48 PM
yes my daughter loves it when this happens, we all get bandaged up eveywhere. fyi plasters also have an expiry date too, so you need to check these!

PinkFairy24
05-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Hi there,

Sorry just dropping by, not registered yet! Just wanted to say that all bandages, plasters etc have dates as they won't be sterile after this has expired. All the sticky items won't stick anymore either!

Am now on maternity leave, expecting our first baby in Feb and then looking into getting everything ready to childmind and have some time out from nursing! Am excited but know that I have so much to do.

Take care, love Claire X x X