PDA

View Full Version : pre reg questions....dont ou jst love newbies hehe

loopyloo79
05-01-2010, 02:40 PM
hey every1 :-)

i have my pre reg nxt weds and was wondering if any1 could give me any ideas about wht to expect and wht i should have ready. i am gettin my poilices and procedures ready to be filed etc but wht else would be needed. i dont have any children yet and it will jst be my daughter that is here with me.

when i did my dhc in october we were told tht we would get the box with everythin that is needed such as fire blanket accounts and registers etc and our 1st years insurance cover when we registered but am now really confused - maybe i misunderstood. do i need these things available to see already at pre reg?

soz if i seem really confused :-O X

mama2three
05-01-2010, 03:25 PM
no , you wont need anything like that at prereg. I had some policies , by no means all , and risk assessments. I had my first aid certificate ready to show her , ID and proof of address for myself and DH , and had the 'preparing for your ofsted visit' booklet mainly filled in. Really , that was all , she wasnt worried about what safety things i already had in place , more that she was satisfied that i could spot and assess risks iyswim. I set up the toys as if i had mindees , and she could see the range of resources. My inspector was very nice and it was nothing atall to worry about. Now for my first 'real' inspection very soon Im sure theres a whole mountain of things i should be worrying about!!

francinejayne
05-01-2010, 07:43 PM
yes I also had my preparing for the visit booklet filled in (and I re-read it a few times just so I was familiar with it). mr ofsted asked to see my first aid cert and wanted to know when I was attending all the other courses. he didn't look at any of my other paperwork at all. he looked around the house and garden and I had put most things in place before he came (house is mainly child proof anyway due to my own children). he didn't ask to see my first aid box.
on a general note it wasn't as bad as I expected and the man that came to see me was very friendly and helpful.
good luck!
x

Merry-Minder
06-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Dito above really, the pre-reg is a doddle compaired to how you think it might be. They never looked at any of my paper work, and only really wanted to see that my house was safe - but also pointed out that it dosent need to be as perfect as say a nursery as this is still my home!
Make sure you have your first aid certificate, and you crb id.
I would also brush up on safe guarding - that was a lenghthy conversation.

Good luck.xxx

Zoomie
06-01-2010, 09:16 PM
No you don't need start up kit or the likes just yet. as long as you know what you need and when you will be getting it you should be okay.

i seriously think a registering cm should set up camera and put it onto the site so that 'we' can show pre-reg cms that the inspection is a piece of cake (i know we can't do that for real cos of data protection etc) but it would put so many pre reg cms out of their misery.

Merry-Minder
06-01-2010, 09:17 PM
perhaps we could and then make secret pact never to tell!! :eek:

loopyloo79
07-01-2010, 09:42 AM
awww thank you all for your help and advice, i know il be fine - just had a sudden panic that i might need things like contracts n accident books ready! you have put my mind at rest now. am not worried all i need to do is print out and file my policies etc and do my usual tidy of the house then :-) iv got things like certificates etc ready.

thank you again for your help :-) X