PDA

View Full Version : french manicured nails

Joannechildmind
05-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Does anyone get there nails done, i have recently grown mine after biting them for 28 yrs they are just above my fingers now and would love to have them French manicured im not too keen on havin falses put on (have heard they can ruin your nails) how much is it for a french manicure and any advice?

So far they are ok and im not scratching the littlies which i thought might be a prob when pulling trousers up etc, but im not going to grow them much more tho.

Twinkles
05-01-2010, 01:45 PM
I have acrylic nails. I have them 'infilled' and re-polished every three weeks. They are done in an 'American manicure' and are kept about mid length ( not hugely long but not really short ).

My natural nails grow fast and long but they break easily so this is the best solution for me.

Yes they do ruin the natural nails underneath and you couldn't just have them removed and have lovely nails instantly. You have to wait for the nail to grow from bed to tip and then they are back to normal.

I love having them like this because they look ' well groomed' but I don't even have to think about them in between trips to the nail bar as they look good for three weeks.

OrlandoBelle
05-01-2010, 02:05 PM
Sorry hun, not had a french manicure before. I usually have acrylic or gel if I have them done as my sister is a nail technician.

Just wanted to warn you to wear latex gloves when changing nappies if you get them done! Lol.

Annie_T
05-01-2010, 04:21 PM
not had french manicure before only had acrylic nails which are lovely done every 3 weeks

sorry no help

Tink
05-01-2010, 05:14 PM
DH paid for me to have mine done for Christmas. I used to do my own but decided to have a full set on and silked.
They are so strong, i've had them on now for 4 weeks and they look as good as when I first had them done. I love them.

happytotschildminding
05-01-2010, 06:22 PM
Well, I really don't know if this is right or not! But, I THINK I had a french manicure, (many moons ago) and I'm sure she said all the difference was that they painted the nail over the skin pink and the nail sticking out white - with nailvarnish which looked nice, but soon chipped, as it does. With the acrylic nails I tried they were lovely but I couldn't type with them to start with (I was a secretary) but couldn't be faffed to keep having them infilled and my nails were in really horrible condition for months - I would never have them done again. Now I've forgotten what the question was:laughing: :laughing:
Carol

sweets
05-01-2010, 07:05 PM
sorry dont want to hijack the thread but i have a nail question. i have bitten my nails forever :blush: badly! all my family do!

i am very embarrassed about the way they look :blush:

i did grow them last year for about 4 months but they still looked awful due to the fact that i havnt got much nail bed left, so the 'white' bit grew from near the base if you know what i mean. and basicaly looked silly.

my question is if i grew them for a longer period, which i know i can do. does the nail bed actually grow back too or just the nail?

Tink
05-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Does anyone get there nails done, i have recently grown mine after biting them for 28 yrs they are just above my fingers now and would love to have them French manicured im not too keen on havin falses put on (have heard they can ruin your nails) how much is it for a french manicure and any advice?

So far they are ok and im not scratching the littlies which i thought might be a prob when pulling trousers up etc, but im not going to grow them much more tho.

I think the price will depend on where you live.

At mine it's £30 for a full set or

£10 for them painted.

sweets
05-01-2010, 08:36 PM
sorry dont want to hijack the thread but i have a nail question. i have bitten my nails forever :blush: badly! all my family do!

i am very embarrassed about the way they look :blush:

i did grow them last year for about 4 months but they still looked awful due to the fact that i havnt got much nail bed left, so the 'white' bit grew from near the base if you know what i mean. and basicaly looked silly.

my question is if i grew them for a longer period, which i know i can do. does the nail bed actually grow back too or just the nail?

anyone know?:)