PDA

View Full Version : Just had invitation to outstanding provider event!

MrsT333
05-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Wow
something good arriving in the post at last!

I have had a invitation to outstanding providers event from ofsted :clapping:

but they are really soon and so far away :angry:

the nearest event to me is 180 miles away

is anyone else going?

Winnie
05-01-2010, 01:00 PM
not had the invite yet, where & when? Had to laugh at the cockup Ofsted made of the whole sending out the logo & certificate though, at first they said they couldnt send my paperwork because the printer was broken :rolleyes: so they'd email it, then said they couldnt email as it was against policy, then said they'd made a mistake & of course they would email it....in the meantime they'd 'fixed' the printer :laughing: and sent it all out by snailmail...with the wrong certificate:eek: it read 2008/2009, so a week later i finally recieved the right one - 3 months after my inspection :eek:
Last time in 2006/07 i got the invite about 2 weeks before the event in London & couldnt go because it was too little notice-Ofsted need to be Ofsteded-i'm sure they'd fail :laughing:

Andrea08
05-01-2010, 01:19 PM
not had my invite?

not sure how far away it will be for me or if i could go?

xxx

Shar
05-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Just had mine, I'm disapointed and disgusted that they are all on a Friday between 11am and 3pm!! :angry: :angry: :angry: I am not letting 5 children and their parents down and am unable to find cover for all of them.
I just sent Ofsed an E-mail with my feelings. This just shows what regard Ofsted have of us Childminders.

Shar
05-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Here is a copy of what I wrote to Ofsted:

Dear sir/madam, I am writing to let you know how disappointed and disgusted I am that the Outstanding early years and childcare event this year is being held on Fridays during the day. This leaves very little chance of any Outstanding childminders being able to attend.
As a childminder for 5 different families I am unable to find alternative care or justify asking for the day off. The children and their parents always come first, perhaps that's why I achieved Outstanding in the first place!!
I feel very let down by Ofsted and this just shows what little regard childminders have in Ofsted's eyes.

Yours sincerely, Shar.

MrsT333
05-01-2010, 04:13 PM
Here is a copy of what I wrote to Ofsted:

Dear sir/madam, I am writing to let you know how disappointed and disgusted I am that the Outstanding early years and childcare event this year is being held on Fridays during the day. This leaves very little chance of any Outstanding childminders being able to attend.
As a childminder for 5 different families I am unable to find alternative care or justify asking for the day off. The children and their parents always come first, perhaps that's why I achieved Outstanding in the first place!!
I feel very let down by Ofsted and this just shows what little regard childminders have in Ofsted's eyes.

Yours sincerely, Shar.

:clapping:

thats a great email.....and u are right, why should we all loose a day's pay?
i wont be able to go either, i may send a similar email and say hpow disappointed i am that i cant go......have they responded to you yet?

jumpinjen
05-01-2010, 04:25 PM
I have felt for a while that Childminders are bottom of the pack when it comes to consideration being dished out!!

Why don't you arrange your own event, and send a photo and press release to the paper to tell the world how special you all are??!!

Jenni (aspiring to be outstanding!!!!)

xx

Twinkles
05-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Thats why I didn't go to the one I was invited to three years ago.
Wendywu went last year and said it was very nice so i might go next time ( I suppose they invite you every time you get outstanding ? ) if they give me enough notice.

sarah707
05-01-2010, 06:15 PM
I went to mine because it was the quietest day of my week.

I told them I didn't think it was very inclusive... but I didn't get a reply!

If you can't go ask for the goody bag to be posted to you... you wouldn't want to miss out on the free mug! :D

mama2three
05-01-2010, 06:18 PM
you wouldn't want to miss out on the free mug!

pmsl:laughing: :laughing:

sarah707
05-01-2010, 06:49 PM
you wouldn't want to miss out on the free mug!

pmsl:laughing: :laughing:

Yeah well it kind of says it all doesn't it! :rolleyes: :laughing:

Tink
05-01-2010, 06:51 PM
My aim is to be outstanding, hopefully i'll get one of these invites one day:D

miss mopple
05-01-2010, 06:52 PM
I got mine too

Cant go either. It would cost me at least £130 in lost earnings and cause massive inconvenience to my families :angry:

zillervalley
05-01-2010, 07:03 PM
no havent got mine today

I hope that they do give notice,

ziller

littletreasures
05-01-2010, 07:06 PM
I haven't got an invite yet. Still waiting

Shar
05-01-2010, 07:34 PM
No response yet from Ofsted. It's not about losing a day's pay, it's the problem of finding alternative care for the children or the inconvenience for the parents. I'm glad so many of you agree with me as I was worried about being so negative about the whole thing. I wrote the e-mail as soon as I opened the invite. The invite says I can nominate someone to attend on my behalf, which is fine for school's, nursery's etc... but what about those of us who work alone?

Thank you all. XX Shar.:thumbsup:

Monkey1
05-01-2010, 07:44 PM
I haven't had an invite, i think its discusting that they have only given you a few days notice, well done for the letter!

MrsT333
05-01-2010, 08:13 PM
the 1st date they have given me is 29 jan, 11am - 3pm, in manchester, thats 200 miles away, i have my own little ones in school, plus my mindees to consider,
the next date is 12 feb in london, thats just as far & still a fri day time,
last date is 5 mar in sheffield, thats too far to even consider.
dont think its worth a free mug! although it would of been nice to go.
i will ring them up and tell them the difficulty in attending these events & tell them there planning stinks :laughing:

wendywu
05-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Ours was in London but it was on a saturday so it was no problem to go. Lovely lunch and lots of wine if you wanted. But i would not loose a days money to go.:mad:

Mouse
06-01-2010, 12:45 PM
I got my invite through today.

I could easily get to one of them, but as it's on a Friday I won't go as it'll inconvenience too many parents. I'll have just had a new starter & can't start tellling them I need a day off :rolleyes:

Daftbat
06-01-2010, 01:00 PM
No invite for me yet!!!!!! Might be able to get on a friday but i agree its ridiculous that some better thought isn't put in to these things. I keep getting invites to surestart minders get togethers/workshops which are always at awkward times of the day - e.g. always afternoons when babies need to sleep. Then - i get letters saying how they missed me - yeah right!!!! Have had several phone conversations about it but it doesn't register with anyone.

Kelly
06-01-2010, 01:13 PM
Mine came this morning and I could attend on the dates, but the locations are MILES from me... Manchester, Sheffield or London. I might consider London, I worked b*****y hard for that invite :D

butterfly
06-01-2010, 01:39 PM
I received mine this morning. The nearest for me would be London but I don't think I want to lose a day's pay. Luckily the children I have on Fridays don't have working parents so it wouldn't be a problem but I do think Ofsted need to THINK a bit more before they do things!

My invite came with another letter offering several training days which have been moved from the usual saturdays to fridays as well!!!

Looks like I won't be attending ANY THING!

littletreasures
06-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Got my invite today.

I could do the Friday in London as I only have one before and after schooler, but don't want to go on my own. Don't know any other outstanding childminder's in Sutton

julie w
06-01-2010, 02:01 PM
You could always look on e bay for a mug and pretend you've been :laughing:

Jollytots
06-01-2010, 08:35 PM
Wow
something good arriving in the post at last!

I have had a invitation to outstanding providers event from ofsted :clapping:

but they are really soon and so far away :angry:

the nearest event to me is 180 miles away

is anyone else going?

Where do you live and when did you have your inspection?

Pauline
06-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Just had mine, I'm disapointed and disgusted that they are all on a Friday between 11am and 3pm!! :angry: :angry: :angry: I am not letting 5 children and their parents down and am unable to find cover for all of them.
I just sent Ofsed an E-mail with my feelings. This just shows what regard Ofsted have of us Childminders.

I had the same last year, really disappointing but didn't want to let down 5 families. Didn't get a reply to my email about it :rolleyes:

Pauline
06-01-2010, 08:51 PM
I have felt for a while that Childminders are bottom of the pack when it comes to consideration being dished out!!

Why don't you arrange your own event, and send a photo and press release to the paper to tell the world how special you all are??!!

Jenni (aspiring to be outstanding!!!!)

xx

Some hope of that, Graham contacted our local paper and they were not interested. Yet when the local school got 'good' it was all over the front page :(

Have refused to buy the paper ever since, that'll teach em :laughing:

Pauline
06-01-2010, 08:53 PM
You could always look on e bay for a mug and pretend you've been :laughing:

Wanna buy a mug? - never used, one careful owner :laughing:

nannan
06-01-2010, 08:54 PM
I would of stopped buying that paper too,

MrsT333
06-01-2010, 08:58 PM
Wanna buy a mug? - never used, one careful owner :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Shar
07-01-2010, 10:34 AM
I would have gone with you Littletreasures, I also live in Sutton. What a shame it's not on a Saturday.:(

Eileen322
07-01-2010, 02:00 PM
I received mine, I would like to go as I have Fridays off! The only problem is finding someone to have my own children:rolleyes: Has anyone been to this event before? I hate going to things on my own and not knowing anyone!:blush:

littletreasures
07-01-2010, 05:46 PM
I would have gone with you Littletreasures, I also live in Sutton. What a shame it's not on a Saturday.:(

Do you have kids on a Friday? I can probably get out of my one mindee, it also depends what the day's like

Can anyone tell me what happens. Is it actually worth going??

zillervalley
07-01-2010, 11:17 PM
anybody decided to go yet, I HAVE RECIEVED MINE TODAY

Would go but not may in my area , i will have to check with co-ordonater to see if any one local is going, I must admit I would like to go

manchester, or sheffield would be better for me

ziller

Daftbat
08-01-2010, 07:38 AM
Received my invite yesterday and one of the venues is wuite close to me but again the problem of letting down several sets of parents rears its head. I don't mind taking a day off work but would prefer to do it for better reasons than this. I am not sure what i would get out of the day itself - if outstanding minders were invited to share their work practices with minders receiving a lower grade over a lunch etc i would think it more practical but it seems to me that this will be an ocassion to pat ourselves on the back more than anythign else - not something that sits comfortably with me at the best of times.

Yes, its nice that i was graded at outstanding but i don't really care that much what Ofsted think of me and don't want them to buy me lunch! - i care that my parents are happy with my service and that i know i am doing what i think is right.

So, i will be declining their invite.

nannymcflea
08-01-2010, 11:54 AM
I'm going to book the Manchester venue, might see some of you there.:clapping:

tammys-tots
10-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Hi, i got mine last week. Not sure which one to go to, cant seem to access the site!
Might go to manchester, i dont work fridays so it will only be travel expenses.

I am only going for my mug lol

tammy

MrsT333
10-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Hi, i got mine last week. Not sure which one to go to, cant seem to access the site!
Might go to manchester, i dont work fridays so it will only be travel expenses.

I am only going for my mug lol

tammy

Hi
I couldnt access the site either, let me know if u have any luck later

Shar
11-01-2010, 02:00 PM
I would like to go but I am having a minor opp on the 21st of Jan so have had to take 2 days off, I don't think it's fair to ask for more time off for this. If you go Littletreasures, enjoy!! :thumbsup:

zillervalley
14-01-2010, 11:50 PM
Hi Have booked the manchester event, will be travelling by train, I know nannymacflee is going, is there any one else, as it would be very nice for us all to meet up there

ziller

BeckenhamCM
15-01-2010, 01:56 PM
I won't get an invitation this year I'm guessing as I only just got my grading on Tuesday, shame, I feel like I'm missing out !

Hopefully someone will be able to tell us all about it :-)

Ash xx

Kelly
15-01-2010, 02:24 PM
I tried booking London on Wednesday, but it was full:( I left a message anyway and they phoned me back yesterday and said they had added more numbers so I did get a space :)

I am going with a couple of other minders so am hoping to have a really nice day :thumbsup:

mrs c
16-01-2010, 03:43 PM
It's a bit too far for me to travel. Would have to get up at crack of dawn, loose a days pay and train tickets are quite expensive.
Hope those of you who are going have a good time. You can have my share of the wine! lol
Wonder if Sarah's suggestion that they post a goodie bag will work??

Pauline
16-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Wonder if Sarah's suggestion that they post a goodie bag will work??

Yes it definitely works. I emailed after the event that I couldn't attend last year and asked if it were possible to still have the badge and mug. Within just a couple of days I got the badge, mug and canvas bag. :thumbsup: