PDA

View Full Version : Omg omg omg. They're coming aaarrrggghh

It's a small world
05-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Just had the call from Ofsted. They are coming next Tuesday at 9.15 explained no children due one parent on annual leave and another mindee only one day a week. Told they have a deadline that they have to visit and it's 24jan. As no children next week she can give time and date. Panicking now as hardly done sef only a few questions. . So much to do never going to be ready. Not going to be on here for a few days whilst I get organised. Luckily lady coming did first pre reg visit and really nice so one less thing to worry abt and parents going to write a letter. Let you know how I get on. Aaarrrggghhh . Good luck to all you others who have visits approaching I know there are a few of us !!!

beccas
05-01-2010, 12:06 PM
firsthing thing dont panic second thing locate sarah 707 in members list and buy her e book on sef its ace. I also have a list of questions i give parents pm me and i will send you a copy

Mrs Argyle
05-01-2010, 01:36 PM
I thought if you had no children present at an inspection you could not get a grade higher than satisfactory ?

Andrea08
05-01-2010, 01:54 PM
first you will be fine hun,
use this time to look at your paperwork and the SEF

as for children on rota go borrow a child from a friend and show ofsted how you would help a child settle in (transitions) lol

ring ofsted bk and ask for a date when you have children on rota,, otherwise ifs not fair,, or dont be in when she turns up?

either way good luck hun x x x

OrlandoBelle
05-01-2010, 01:59 PM
Ooohh, good luck hun! Don't panic. I didn't get all of my SEF done and Mrs O was fine. She just read thru what I had. Let me know how it goes and will have to meet up after. xxx

It's a small world
05-01-2010, 02:45 PM
Thanks for your words of confidence. Mrs O said not a problem about having no mindees and it might make inspection a little quicker. Have my own lo so can show her what I do etc I have also done a learning journal for my ds. As for asking her to come back on a day when I have children not poss. 1 Mindees mum on annual leave and other only 1 daya week. They have a deadline to come and visit and mine is 2 weeks and my mindees not regular. She told me I would not be down graded if no children as I queried this this is only if I havent had any children for a certain length of time but I can recieve any grade (happy with a good) My paperwork isnt as bad and going to spend next couple of days sorting SEF as a quiet week. To be honest as long as my grade isnt affected Id rather get it over and done with now...just got behind on paperwork as have been working at a hotel in the evenings and only left before Xmas so got a little behind. Sure it'll be fine.

Keep you all posted...Aimee hope you and bump ok ?

miffy
05-01-2010, 05:03 PM
I'm sure you'll be fine!

Good luck :)

Miffy xx

Tink
05-01-2010, 05:06 PM
I should have had mine today but the snow stopped play.
She is going to phone me next week to arrange another time.

Good luck though and the SEF is quite straight forward and I found it very encouraging x x x

Chell
05-01-2010, 09:32 PM
Good luck!

amanda1309
05-01-2010, 09:38 PM
good luck!!!