PDA

View Full Version : Dads birthday end of month, what on earth do I buy?!

amirose
05-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Hello :)
My dad is going to be 48 at the end of the month and my god he is just sooooo hard to buy anything for. Its made worse because I used up all my good ideas for Christmas :panic:
He is very immature, likes gadgets but hates clothes, jewelry etc
For chirstmas I bought him an adult retro space hopper - which he loved and was bouncing around the house on christmas day (drunk!) :laughing: a build your own camper van that he loves but hasn't had time to do, and wii fit plus which again he likes the look of games but hasn't had time to play - think my half sister (whose 12) has played it more than anything.
So now I am stuck, I want something thoughtful and not to worried about cost as its more about if he likes it max is about £45 I reckon but dont care if I only end up with something that costs half that that if you see what I mean.
So any suggestions welcome because I am most definitely stuck!!!

LOOPYLISA
05-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Men are so hard to buy for !

My hubby is so hard to buy for too, if he wants anything throughout the year he buys it, mr gadget man he is too :D

Ummm, how about London theatre trip tickets + meal etc,

Best thing hubby got me was a balloon flight :eek: :thumbsup:

kindredspirits
05-01-2010, 03:59 PM
how about something really pointless like an activity rolling in a giant inflatable ball down a hill (I can see it in my mind but can't put it into words) :laughing:
my DH is going to be 50 in May :eek: no idea what to get him but its got to be really really really good! :thumbsup:

OrlandoBelle
05-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Me and my sister went halves on a little aquarium for my Dad for Christmas. One of those new Fluvel Edge ones. My dad LOVED it, but then he likes fish, not sure if your dad does!

I like Kindredspirits idea of the giant inflateable ball down a hill! :clapping: xxx

Tink
05-01-2010, 05:39 PM
My Dad will be 50 on the 24th me and my sister are paying for him and mum to go to London and watch "we will rock you" he's a big Queen fan.

nannymcflea
05-01-2010, 09:18 PM
48, what a youngster you must be.:eek: My hubby is 43 and sounds about the same in maturity as your dad!

For Christmas hubby got marvel comic top trumps, superman pyjamas, x box game, Jeremy Clarkson book.

How about something from his year of birth, an old favourite annual or retro t-shirts or as Kindred said "zorbing".

amirose
06-01-2010, 04:21 PM
48, what a youngster you must be.:eek:

lol :laughing: I am 25 which is young obviously, but my dad was also only 23 when I was born :)

nannymcflea
06-01-2010, 06:42 PM
The thing is my hubby is 43 and our youngest is 6!

Have you chosen anything for your dad yet?

Mouse
06-01-2010, 06:46 PM
What about a magazine subscription?