PDA

View Full Version : Funny dinner disaster!

TheBTeam
04-01-2010, 07:07 PM
We were going to have roast beef, veg and roast potatoes this evening, I was so hungry! Well carving the beef I thought this seemed tough, dh and i tasted it and it was inedible, so we put it in the bin! I then thought the only other thing I could cook was the chicken breast kievs, well put them in the oven and then turned thoughts to the veg, dh moved this to put on the plates and dropped it all over the floor! So in went the baked beans, and we ended up with kiev, roast potatoes and baked beans!!!!!!!!

Now i feel really cheated out of my roast dinner and also have the other half of the huge joint sitting in the freezer, as i had bought a huge one in the sainsbury half price deal and cut it in half!!!!

beccas
04-01-2010, 07:10 PM
why was meat inedible did you burn it of was it off...

TheBTeam
04-01-2010, 07:12 PM
why was meat inedible did you burn it of was it off...

It was as tough as old boot leather, yet i had cooked it slowly and it was expensive!

little miss chatterbox
04-01-2010, 07:12 PM
oh no how awful! Wonder why the beef was inedible? maybe you should take it back (maybe that's why it was half price!?)

i nearly did that xmas day with the roasties - amazingly i managed to catch the bowl of potatoes as I dropped them otherwise that would have been a disaster too!

hope you enjoyed your kievs!

TheBTeam
04-01-2010, 07:13 PM
oh no how awful! Wonder why the beef was inedible? maybe you should take it back (maybe that's why it was half price!?)

i nearly did that xmas day with the roasties - amazingly i managed to catch the bowl of potatoes as I dropped them otherwise that would have been a disaster too!

hope you enjoyed your kievs!

It was only half price because all of their roasting beef was on special offer, they had a whole shelf of it! All of their meat like pork, lamb and beef was on offer in the week or so before christmas, so i stocked up!

Alibali
04-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Do the rest in the slow cooker and cook all day, it should be just fine!

Blackhorse
04-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Do the rest in the slow cooker and cook all day, it should be just fine!

that is what I was going to say....:clapping:

shame about your dinner!!

Noodles
04-01-2010, 08:24 PM
I had a piece of beef from sainsburys when half price had it with turkey and gammon for xmas lunch and it was the best piece of beef i have ever had it was melt in the mouth even the kids enjoyed it. Maybe you had an off piece

PixiePetal
04-01-2010, 08:32 PM
We have had dinners like that!

I forgot to switch the slow cooker on the other day - it was 2 hrs later when I realised I could not smell the chicken :rolleyes: Too late to have it for dinner - we got a takeaway!

I had a lovely pork joint yesterday, £5 from Iceland. Got it in the freezer as a standby, defrosted - although you can cook from frozen - it was really nice and tender, even fussy DD ate it!

LOOPYLISA
04-01-2010, 08:51 PM
But arnt these jut the best dinners sometimes :thumbsup:

Like when we are running the freezer down we have a mish mash of bits :D

TheBTeam
04-01-2010, 09:31 PM
My first thought was get a takeaway, but the roasties looked so lovely, i had to eat them, would have had them on their own if i couldnt find anything else!