PDA

View Full Version : £1.30 for a Christmas Card!!

Pauline
04-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Had a notice from the post office that we had a letter that did not have enough postage on it and we had to collect it from the sorting office and pay a £1 fee plus the 30p postage.

Not knowing what it was we had no choice but to fetch it. Turned out to be a Christmas card :mad:

Feel like hanging it on the wall just to get my monies worth :laughing:

I think I could leave it up for a few more days (I'd ask Heaven Scent for the date but she wouldn't know :ROFL1:)

beccas
04-01-2010, 06:55 PM
oh my god was it a very heavy card full of cash to warrantthat much.

FizzysFriends
04-01-2010, 06:56 PM
I always ask to look at the letter before paying to see if its worth it :laughing:

Heaven Scent
04-01-2010, 07:42 PM
Had a notice from the post office that we had a letter that did not have enough postage on it and we had to collect it from the sorting office and pay a £1 fee plus the 30p postage.

Not knowing what it was we had no choice but to fetch it. Turned out to be a Christmas card :mad:

I think I could leave it up for a few more days (I'd ask Heaven Scent for the date but she wouldn't know :ROFL1:)

Gosh Pauline I could help you out there if you wish!!!!!:laughing: :laughing:

TheBTeam
04-01-2010, 07:44 PM
I did the same with a birthday card for my son!

charleyfarley
04-01-2010, 08:02 PM
I had the same thing happen Pauline before xmas but mine was £1.08.

Post office did say I could say I didn't want it but it was off a very good friend so I didn't mind paying it :D

How do they justify charging you a £1.00 though when mine was only 8p short :huh:

Carol xx

breezy
04-01-2010, 08:03 PM
heaven scent probably sent it to make sure you kept some deccies up :laughing:

angeldelight
04-01-2010, 08:23 PM
I had the same thing happen Pauline before xmas but mine was £1.08.

Post office did say I could say I didn't want it but it was off a very good friend so I didn't mind paying it :D

How do they justify charging you a £1.00 though when mine was only 8p short :huh:

Carol xx

Oh Carol go on you know you want to tell everyone it was ME :laughing: :laughing: :blush:

What gets me though is that I took 6 cards to the post office all the same size and handed them over at the counter - they put the stamps on them for me

Then poor Carol had to pay a fee :panic:

What a cheek

I had a card the other day that was 1pence short of the correct postage

Amazing

Angel xxx

Pauline
04-01-2010, 09:48 PM
I always ask to look at the letter before paying to see if its worth it :laughing:

Well a few people had been sending cheque for my Big-Swig so I daren't not get it in case there was something in with the card - but there wasn't :(

charleyfarley
04-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Oh Carol go on you know you want to tell everyone it was ME :laughing: :laughing: :blush:

What gets me though is that I took 6 cards to the post office all the same size and handed them over at the counter - they put the stamps on them for me

Then poor Carol had to pay a fee :panic:

What a cheek

I had a card the other day that was 1pence short of the correct postage

Amazing

Angel xxx

I would never have said it was you Angel.

It did make me laugh though as she told me I didn't have to have it but then I saw the writing and knew it was yours so had to pay :D

They are cheeky though as you have to collect the letter/card too :eek:

It was a lovely card though Angel :thumbsup:

Carol xx

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
05-01-2010, 07:31 AM
I had that as well Carol, but I am not saying who it was from. :littleangel:

xxxxx

angeldelight
05-01-2010, 08:13 AM
I had that as well Carol, but I am not saying who it was from. :littleangel:

xxxxx

Blimey hope that was not from me too ? :laughing: :laughing:

Blame the post office they are the ones that put the stamps on

Fancy making you all pay to get your own cards ha ha

Was it me Lorraine ?

Angel xxx

HomefromHome
05-01-2010, 08:15 AM
i had one too... from my best mate!!!! we had a good laugh bout tho - told her she's a tight-wad!!!!! and that she owes me a bottle of wine!!!:D

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
05-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Blimey hope that was not from me too ? :laughing: :laughing:

Blame the post office they are the ones that put the stamps on

Fancy making you all pay to get your own cards ha ha

Was it me Lorraine ?

Angel xxx

Yes hunny it was you :laughing: :laughing:

solly
05-01-2010, 08:30 AM
I had one also over christmas, i haven't picked it up as i know it was a christmas card for my son and as i knew what it was i was not prepared to spend £1.30 for it and my son was not fussed either

Pauline
05-01-2010, 02:47 PM

I suspect Angel's post office had some dud stamps that were not sticky! I'd go in and complain Angel :laughing:

Tatia
05-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Angel, I think you better put your fees up if you can't even afford postage stamps!! :eek:

:laughing: :ROFL1:

Annie_T
05-01-2010, 04:15 PM
who was it from? lol

thats rude ive had pay for stuff before does get to me the sender cant do postage properly but hey it may of fallen off or soemthing but who knows

angeldelight
05-01-2010, 04:46 PM

Oh I am so sorry :laughing:

That is really bad of the post office though they put the stamps on for me

What a cheek ha ha

Angel xx

Chimps Childminding
05-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Hope it was off a really good friend Pauline, and not some long lost relation you haven't seen (nor wanted to) for years!!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing:

angeldelight
05-01-2010, 08:13 PM

Hey Pauline it was not from me was it

:laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

Pauline
05-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Hope it was off a really good friend Pauline, and not some long lost relation you haven't seen (nor wanted to) for years!!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing:

Sort of and it does have a bit of a funny story behind it....

We had two really good friends back in the 1970's but they moved away, we slowly lost touch (you know how it is when you have a young family etc!)

Then last year we were in a pub, high in the hills of Derbyshire, in the middle of nowhere when we saw these two people at another table, we all looked at each other in astonishment, it was the long lost friends.

We spent hours catching up and they asked if we got their Christmas cards every year and we said no, not had any. Turned out they had been sending them to the wrong house number!!

So they sent a card this year..... to the right number......but with no stamp :laughing::laughing:

angeldelight
05-01-2010, 10:09 PM
Sort of and it does have a bit of a funny story behind it....

We had two really good friends back in the 1970's but they moved away, we slowly lost touch (you know how it is when you have a young family etc!)

Then last year we were in a pub, high in the hills of Derbyshire, in the middle of nowhere when we saw these two people at another table, we all looked at each other in astonishment, it was the long lost friends.

We spent hours catching up and they asked if we got their Christmas cards every year and we said no, not had any. Turned out they had been sending them to the wrong house number!!

So they sent a card this year..... to the right number......but with no stamp :laughing::laughing:

That is really funny

Glad it was not my card :laughing:

Angel xx

Pauline
05-01-2010, 10:12 PM
That is really funny

Glad it was not my card :laughing:

Angel xx

No it wasn't your card, stamps for that were safely encased in 5 rolls of sellotape :laughing:

angeldelight
05-01-2010, 10:14 PM
No it wasn't your card, stamps for that were safely encased in 5 rolls of sellotape :laughing:

Oh yes :laughing:

Angel xx