PDA

View Full Version : January Planning Ideas!

jumpinjen
03-01-2010, 03:20 PM
Hi,

My January planning is baseda round a winter theme, covering all the areas of the EYFS, if you would like to look, I have posted it on my blog, go to:

http://little-blossoms-childminding.blogspot.com/2010/01/january-planning.html

All the links are on there, hope it helps some of you!

Happy New Year!

jenni:jump for joy:

HELEN10
03-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Wow that's me sorted, brilliant, thank you very much!

Happy new year to you too!

HELEN10

patevans
03-01-2010, 03:33 PM
thanks for some great ideas :thumbsup:

Twinkles
03-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Brilliant ! Thank you . I like the birds link , will add that to my planning :thumbsup:

mama2three
03-01-2010, 04:44 PM
great ideas , thanks. Love the muddy hands pic on your website too x

Tink
03-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Thank you xxx

jumpinjen
03-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Twinkles, if you register for the birdwatch, they send you 12 A4 cards, with a beautiful drawing on one side, and some info on the other, i laminated mine to keep them fresh!

Jenni

Chatterbox Childcare
03-01-2010, 06:39 PM
It is great but what happens if the children don't want to do the activities? won't the parents read your website and expect something to be produced?

hello kitty
03-01-2010, 06:52 PM
That's great Jenni. Just disappointed I did not see it before I spent the last 2 hours doing my own planning! Oh well still liked your ideas. :thumbsup:

jumpinjen
04-01-2010, 09:05 AM
It is great but what happens if the children don't want to do the activities? won't the parents read your website and expect something to be produced?

Hi Debbie,
My parents know that I follow their children's interests, and they know clearly exactly what i am supporting them in exploring, for example, one little one is fascinatd by things that roll and turn so I plan activities like painting by rolling cars on paper, and playing with a lazy susan turntable and rolling cars down planks, etc etc. My theme planning is to enrich what I already do, as I said in my post, it's not the be all and end all and they understand that. It is clearly stated in my policies how I work and they are happy with that. It provides some ideas for activities with the older children who usually do want 'something' to do when they are here, unless they get lost in their game!! Many of the things that I have planned do not have an end result anyway so there is nothing to be produced. The counting books are for a 4 1/2 year old that isn't in school yet and she loves to do them, as well as work sheet type things. I wouldn't expect the 14 month old to be 'producing' them!!!!! Why do I feel like I'm neeeding to justify this??!!

Best Wishes, Jenni

jumpinjen
04-01-2010, 09:06 AM
That's great Jenni. Just disappointed I did not see it before I spent the last 2 hours doing my own planning! Oh well still liked your ideas. :thumbsup:

Glad to have been helpful, if only in retrospect!!!!

Jenni:)

Polly2
04-01-2010, 09:20 AM
I love your ideas thanks x :thumbsup:

LittleAcorns
04-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Amazing!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

anneriddington
04-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Loving your blog Jennifer, particularly like the idea of ice cub painting :) I too have registered to do the bird watch, it was a lovely resource pack. Happy watching :)

Would be very interested in seeing your planning sheet when you post it I too feel my planning sheet doesnt fully show the link from my observations to planning. Look forward to seeing it on your blog

Chatterbox Childcare
04-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Hi Debbie,
My parents know that I follow their children's interests, and they know clearly exactly what i am supporting them in exploring, for example, one little one is fascinatd by things that roll and turn so I plan activities like painting by rolling cars on paper, and playing with a lazy susan turntable and rolling cars down planks, etc etc. My theme planning is to enrich what I already do, as I said in my post, it's not the be all and end all and they understand that. It is clearly stated in my policies how I work and they are happy with that. It provides some ideas for activities with the older children who usually do want 'something' to do when they are here, unless they get lost in their game!! Many of the things that I have planned do not have an end result anyway so there is nothing to be produced. The counting books are for a 4 1/2 year old that isn't in school yet and she loves to do them, as well as work sheet type things. I wouldn't expect the 14 month old to be 'producing' them!!!!! Why do I feel like I'm neeeding to justify this??!!

Best Wishes, Jenni

Hi Jenni

I wasn't questioning your practice, just asking as parents always seem to want to see things here.

I think you website is great.

Debbie

georgie456
04-01-2010, 12:06 PM
Jenni
What a fantastic planning! You've clearly really thought about it all - it shows - well done you!

MrsT333
04-01-2010, 01:14 PM
:thumbsup: this is fab many thanks
i love the muddy hands!

sarah707
04-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Fame at last! :p

It looks brilliant! :D

jumpinjen
04-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Thanks for all your lovely replies.... I think there's a way to go before I'm on the red carpet yet Sarah!!! I only linked to the blog cos I caouldn't work out how to post links on here without them going all funny!!!!

Debra, thanks, you must have very demanding parents, what do they expect to see from you and their children??

Jenni:jump for joy:

Winnie
04-01-2010, 07:51 PM
You've inspired me :) my lo's are 18mths and 2 so difficult to plan in any great depth, but after seeing your planning i have produced an ideas sheet. Thank you for sharing, btw i hope you realise you'll be 'inspiring' my planning every month- so keep up the good work :D

beerheaven
04-01-2010, 08:11 PM
A great bunch of ideas!

I visit Westonbirt regularly so have been particularly inspired by the winter ice art!!

Thanks hun! :)

jumpinjen
04-01-2010, 09:05 PM
It would be my pleasure to inspire you once a month!! It's an honour to be an inspiration to an outstanding minder!!!

Jenni x:D

cherry
05-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Thank you for sharing, what a lovely and informative site you have. :)

jumpinjen
05-01-2010, 04:16 PM
Ah shucks, thank you!! :blush:

ruby
05-01-2010, 05:55 PM
thank you great planning will borrow some of your ideas if you don't mind

cathy

jumpinjen
06-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Of course, that is why I added the links, share and share alike!!!

Jenni:laughing:

tracey36
06-01-2010, 12:14 PM
im really impressed with your blog and will certainly be using some of your ideas. i have a few unexpected days off due to the snow so will definatly be sitting down and rethinking my planning for the next few weeks thanks so muc for sharing tracey x

francinejayne
06-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Wow, I am soooo impressed. I'm just starting, and spending far too much of my time noseying around the forum instead of actually doing things, my new, new years resolution is to actually produce something productive - a plan it is going to be!!! Thanks!! :)

Cazz
06-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Thank you - it's fantastic.

Some brilliant ideas there (which don't come naturally to me :rolleyes: ) so I may pinch some of them - it's my intention to do my planning tomorrow when dh is home to look after our little girl.

Please could you post each month with your planning - or is that just being greedy? (or lazy :laughing: ) :D

Thanks again - keep up the good work :thumbsup:

miffy
06-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Thank you Jenni, some lovely ideas :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

jumpinjen
06-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Please could you post each month with your planning - or is that just being greedy? (or lazy :laughing: ) :D

I'll try, it's not always as organised as that though, why don't you subscribe to the blog,then your computer will tell you when I've posted again!!

Jenni x

Cazz
06-01-2010, 11:21 PM
I'll try, it's not always as organised as that though, why don't you subscribe to the blog,then your computer will tell you when I've posted again!!

Jenni x

How do I do that then? (I'm really not computer literate :blush: )

jumpinjen
07-01-2010, 12:43 PM
Hi,

no worries, if you go on tto the blog, then scroll down the page, on the right hand side there is a box that says "subscribe to", if you double click on "posts", it will bring up a list, go to the bottom and click "atom", a new window will open with a yellow box at the top, in this box click "subscribe to feeds" and your computer will do it for you. To find the feed, click on the little yellow star at the top left of your screen, it will show your favourite websites if you have added any, there should be an orange box, with "feeds" next to it, click on that and you should see the blog on there, if it shows in bold, that means that there is a new post since you last loooked, if normal, then no new posts!

Good luck, Jenni:D

Mollymop
07-01-2010, 12:52 PM
That's really fab! Thanks for sharing Jen x

dlissaman
14-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Some brilliant links with good resources, thank you. I have already created a winter topic web, using some of your ideas and links can help me extend it.