PDA

View Full Version : Sherlock Holmes

Tatia
03-01-2010, 10:15 AM
We went to see this last night. I've been dying to see it as I'm a fan of Sherlock Holmes books. It was very much a Guy Ritchie film, it has to be said! :laughing: Kind of like Lock Stock meets The Victorian Farm. :laughing: Anyhoo, it was a less than traditional interpretation of Holmes, whom I always thought of as more refined. In this film, he's quite seedy and a bit of a ruffian. Robert Downey Jr. makes it work, though. I do love him. And Jude Law is hilarious as Watson. They work so well together and the film is about their friendship as much as anything.

If you can set aside any preconceived prejudices and keep an open mind, I think you'll really enjoy the film. I had a fantastic time and was thrilled to see that they hinted more than broadly at a sequel.:thumbsup:

Twinkles
03-01-2010, 10:25 AM
I saw the trailer when we went to see 'Avatar' last week. I must say it does appeal to me. I'm a bit of a Sherlock Holmes aficionado and RD Jnr is not the image I have of him ( more a Stephen Fry :laughing: ).
I will go though :thumbsup:

wendywu
03-01-2010, 10:49 AM
I saw it a week ago and although i do not like Guy R films i really enjoyed this one.

I loved the way they presented London. :)

wendywu
03-01-2010, 10:50 AM
By the way you can go round Sherlock Holmes house in Baker Street, it is really good fun and done out very well. :D

Chatterbox Childcare
03-01-2010, 11:10 AM
I saw it last week and liked the story but not the presentation. Saying that I won't be in a hurry to see the sequel

FussyElmo
03-01-2010, 11:18 AM
I want to go and see this just hopeing FIL is up for a bit of babysitting so we can go soon :)

nannymcflea
03-01-2010, 01:26 PM
This is one I'd like to see too but not sure about Downey-Junior playing him. Will give it a go when we can get to the pictures.