PDA

View Full Version : difference between the two registers

newadventure
02-01-2010, 10:04 PM
Would anyone be so kind to explain to me the differences between the early years and the childcare register?

How do the ratios differ with each one?

Does the childcare register not allow you to have assistants or have different regulations?

I have tried to look through my eyfs paperwork but cannot find it anywhere

Thanks guys

beccas
02-01-2010, 11:35 PM
It tells youhere
http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Care-and-local-services/Childcare

hope this helps you i know it can be very confusing

Pauline
03-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Would anyone be so kind to explain to me the differences between the early years and the childcare register?

How do the ratios differ with each one?

Does the childcare register not allow you to have assistants or have different regulations?

I have tried to look through my eyfs paperwork but cannot find it anywhere

Thanks guys

There are two documents I've put on the forum's Free Downloads which help explain the two registers, there is also some info done by Sarah to help explain it too.

You will find them on the left had side, about half way down:

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/freedownloads.html

Hope that helps :)

newadventure
03-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Thank you I think I understand the differences now but Im still stuck on how they differ when employing assistants?

Maybe Im missing something

Thank you

sarah707
03-01-2010, 08:26 PM
This is the assistants fact sheet from Ofsted (latest version) -

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/assistantfactshe.html

It explains the differences really well :D

newadventure
03-01-2010, 08:33 PM
I have found out the answer now but thank you for your help, for anyone struggling I found this below

This means that if you are on the Childcare Register, you cannot leave any assistant unsupervised on the premises to care for children unless we have already given our permission for this. If we do give permission, we will set it out in a condition of registration. If your assistant is under 18, you must not, in any circumstances, leave them alone with children.

Unlike the Childcare Register, there is no law that says childminders have to be on the premises all the time when childcare is provided. However, you must still tell us about these arrangements because we need to decide about the suitability of the assistant. And, we also need to check that by using the assistant you will still meet all the other requirements of the Early Years Register.

Chatterbox Childcare
03-01-2010, 08:50 PM
I have found out the answer now but thank you for your help, for anyone struggling I found this below

This means that if you are on the Childcare Register, you cannot leave any assistant unsupervised on the premises to care for children unless we have already given our permission for this. If we do give permission, we will set it out in a condition of registration. If your assistant is under 18, you must not, in any circumstances, leave them alone with children.

Unlike the Childcare Register, there is no law that says childminders have to be on the premises all the time when childcare is provided. However, you must still tell us about these arrangements because we need to decide about the suitability of the assistant. And, we also need to check that by using the assistant you will still meet all the other requirements of the Early Years Register.

My assistants can look after all children on all registers but I have to have it as a condition on my certificate, parental permission, person over 18 with a first aid cert and public liability insurance.