PDA

View Full Version : Holiday time luxury

TheBTeam
02-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Since Christmas Eve I have had the luxury for the first time in years to have time off from childminding and not be away on holiday or to have had to take the day off for a reason like a funeral or another reason where i have had to be up and on the go!

I have sometimes not got dressed, just been able to do what we wanted, we have been to the cinema to watch two films, I have watched another 10 on the tv, this is something i have never had the time or the energy to do before!

For that reason I don't really want to have to work on monday, but i do realise that this would not be the luxury it seems if I did it all the time!:laughing:

My busiest day is tomorrow so that is a bit of a pain as we will be out of the house for most of the day, but beggars cant be choosing we are off to watch our local team lose to a premiership team!:laughing:

beccas
02-01-2010, 08:04 PM
lucky you i cant wait for my time off.....:clapping: :clapping:
we got heavy snow here so wont be going out tomorrow

nannymcflea
02-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Glad you have enjoyed your time off, you certainly deserved it.:thumbsup:

Carol
02-01-2010, 08:15 PM
I too have had a lovely break, finished christmas eve and back monday. But not to have to worry about the house being tidy, leaving ironing board out (if I want) has been a real treat.
I will enjoy the routine once I start back to work again, and it will be nice to see the children too. But I have really enjoyed my free time and freedom.

Carol xxxx

sarah707
02-01-2010, 09:52 PM
I've loved my holiday as well!

I've even watched some programmes on BBC Iplayer which is a first for me!

I know what you mean about the luxury of not working might wear thin but do you know I might cope! :p :D

Roseolivia
03-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Glad you had a great time off. We went skiing over Christmas and the last week was spent lounging around and spendint time with family. I'm now waiting to win the lottery so i can do this all the time:laughing:

manjay
03-01-2010, 10:28 AM
I too have done things over the last couple of weeks that were so lovely and yet seemed so indulgent:rolleyes: . My children always moan that I have ants in my pants and can never sit long enough to watch a film. Well this week we have watched loads. I finished work on 22nd and I can honestly say (apart from a little bedtime reading) I have not done any childminding or FD work until yesterday. I did occasionally think that I could get used to it but in reality I don't think I would be happy if I wasn't running around like a loon:D

Need to go out and hunt a contract from a friend today as I seem to have agreed to take on a new child and dh needs to sign the contract before he goes away to work tomorrow. I am sure I told myself I wasn't in a rush to order more as I was as full as I wanted to be! but you know when you just get an enquiry that is too good to miss;)

Have also booked our main summer holidays and 3 other caravan trips so I shall soon be counting down the weeks for them.

amanda xx

Trouble
03-01-2010, 10:49 AM
does this mean i have to get dressed?? is it really work tomorrow:( :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

RedDragon
03-01-2010, 11:03 AM
Same here - I think it's the first time ever that I have actually relaxed and done nothing - no train travelling to visit relatives, just chilling.

I am going to have to sort the house out a bit today ready for tomorrow - someone said was it BT? that they have their busiest day tomorrow - me too - I think I have a new child starting - but I can't get in touch with the mum or dad :eek:

Ah well, if they need me they will turn up.

childmind04
03-01-2010, 01:02 PM
I feel exactly the same, usually xmas is so busy you end up shattered but it has been so relaxing i think mainly down to the snow and cold weather keeping us in doors, only been out the house a handful of times which has been such a change compared to the in and out all day with school runs :)

Cant say i am looking forward to getting back to normal but needs must unless i win the lottery some time soon :)

Looking forward to my next break.....hmmm when shall that be!!!!

Chimps Childminding
03-01-2010, 01:22 PM
I too have had a lovely break, finished christmas eve and back monday. But not to have to worry about the house being tidy, leaving ironing board out (if I want) has been a real treat.
I will enjoy the routine once I start back to work again, and it will be nice to see the children too. But I have really enjoyed my free time and freedom.

Carol xxxx

Same here! Set the ironing board up in the dining room (usually used for cm) and did some as and when I felt like it!!!!!! Looking forward to getting back into routine, but not actually being back at work and all those 7.30 starts :panic: I had forgotten there was more than one 7.30 in a day :laughing:

TheBTeam
03-01-2010, 09:06 PM
I dont have the ideal day now to get back into it as we now have 3 extra that should have been before and after school all day, parents didn't realise!