PDA

View Full Version : Ideas needed

beccas
02-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Hi i posted on new years eve about my nephew aged 5 who had broke his femur in his left leg. I have been to visit him this morn and he is fed up and bored...... He is a active little boy always on the go and hates being indoors for too long. He has a xbox 360 (his own we took in today for him) but he is getting very grotty and wondered if anyone had any ideas of things i could take in for him, he cant sit up straight and cant have table across bed due to strings and bits for his leg. He has a dvd player, ds, etc but wanted to take something in that wasnt a screen to look at iyswim.

LOOPYLISA
02-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Can't think of anything else you could take, apart from books etc, hope hes home soon x

beccas
02-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Not for at least 5 weeks!:eek:

I thought of pencils paper etc but cant ctuall have a table to rest on so thats that idea out of window.

Tink
02-01-2010, 04:22 PM
Oh the oor little thing it must be horrible and as you say boring.
I'm not much help though as I can't really think of something that on't involve a table!!! What about some music to listen to?

PixiePetal
02-01-2010, 04:25 PM
story CDs?

little miss chatterbox
02-01-2010, 04:27 PM
that's what i was thinking, an mp3 player or a ds/console of some kind. Might be a bit young for that. My kids love music and they have ds's they are 6 and 4

i think most games/jigsaws involve a table

At 5 would he be interested in playdoh or something similar? he wuldn't necessarily need a table for that.

will keep thinking - my girls are currently playing guess who, could he play that with a visitor or another child on his ward? you could probably keep that on the bed rather than a table

breezy
02-01-2010, 04:29 PM
mp3 or portable cd for stories, music etc?