PDA

View Full Version : Im really struggling and time is running out

newadventure
01-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Im doing the questions in the pre reg book

I'm really stuck on this one

How will you ensure children are never left alone with adults who have not been cleared/ vetted, such as visitors to your setting/home?

Would you have to say you would never let them out your sight and you would take the children with you to the toilet?

Thank you

Hebs
01-01-2010, 08:46 PM
yes :thumbsup:

and that you'll restrict visitor to outside minding hours as much as possible x

francinejayne
01-01-2010, 08:59 PM
I said that I would restrict access to my house during minding hours to other child minders and close family who have also been CRB checked. I mentioned that if I needed any workmen in the house for necessary emergency work that could not be done outside of minding hours, that I would constantly supervise the children, and if for example I needed the toilet, then I would ask the workmen to leave for a minute. And I would!! I wouldn't take minded children with me to the toilet as I thought this would have other implications????

saying all of that, my inspector didn't ask me that question at all!!

good luck for when it does happen, my inspector was lovely!

Heaven Scent
01-01-2010, 09:12 PM
Im doing the questions in the pre reg book

I'm really stuck on this one

How will you ensure children are never left alone with adults who have not been cleared/ vetted, such as visitors to your setting/home?

Would you have to say you would never let them out your sight and you would take the children with you to the toilet?

Thank you

You would do your best at all costs to avoid it - but if you need the loo you could take them to the hallway or landing or you could ensure that they are within your hearing and leave the loo door open slightly - I don't know - I suppose it depends on who the person is - if its the man to read the meter then no way if its your mum/sister or best friend then I don't honestly know the answer.

I'm very lucky in that at my house I have a rather large DS loo where the toilet is in a different area which is sectioned off by a wall and Muslin curtain from the rather large washhand basin section which I also use as a changing area and cloak room so I can ask the older ones to sit in the outer area and I can lay the baby on the mat - but once the baby is crawling will need to lock them in - I really wouldn't have wanted childminder to take my children into the loo with her its private and should remain that way - I know we have all probably ended up with wet bottoms because our own toddlers followed us into the loo and flushed it while we were still on it but that is very different to someone elses 3.5 or 4 year old having to be in there with us at that stage we respect their privacy and allow them to get on with it with the door closed over if they wish safe in the knowledge we are not far away if they need us.

I don't allow other parents into the room where the children are at going home time especially if 2 arrive one after the other and I'm dealing with one set of parents - I tend to excuse myself from the first set and then collect the second child from the room and hand it over to the parent.

I'm sorry but I really don't know the answer as everyones home is different and we all handle risks differently. I suppose you could say that you would ask your friend to stand in the hallway until you'd finished???? I'm lucky in that I don't have non minder friends come visit during my work hours as a rule mainly because all my friends have grown up children and don't relish the thought of being in my home with other peoples children wiping their noses etc on their clothes. If my family come my mother keeps well away from the children because she is a grumpy granny and likes to sit in my living room while I serve her and as it happens I tend to go out all morning and my family tend to go out all afternoon and come back when the kiddies are gone home. Also regular visitors are supposed to be police checked.