PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else get the New Year blues

singlewiththree
01-01-2010, 10:36 AM
It affects me every year, I don't know if its a combination of realising all the things I wanted to get done this year hasn't been done or the fact I see this as another year of doing everything on my own. I have a bf but he doesn't live here and my ex left the house in a state, I have done a lot to it but there is still so much to do.

Sorry for the moan

Hebs
01-01-2010, 10:46 AM
nope

i love the new year :clapping:

cos it means summer is on its way :D

sarah707
01-01-2010, 10:52 AM
I know what you mean!

It's a sort of anticlimax and it's too cold...

Maybe new year should be in that brief bit of summer we've been getting around May time :laughing: :D

sweets
01-01-2010, 10:56 AM
new year depresses me too! i just think of the things i havnt done or acheived over the last year and how it has just been the same as all the other years!

maybe this year will be different but i doubt it:(

Joannechildmind
01-01-2010, 11:54 AM
yes i get the blues too, combination of waiting a whole year again until my fav time of year christmas and the thought that its 7 months until my next holiday :( Sorry im not cheering anyone up here am i) i ususlly feel better after a few days we just have to get on with it and get in the swing of things again.

Tatia
01-01-2010, 12:13 PM
It's a time of introspection and looking within yourself and evaluating your life. That can be bittersweet. Plus there's the let-down after the holidays, not to mention it's back to the grind in a few days.

But keep in mind that it's also a time of new beginnings and fresh starts. Wipe your slate clean and instead of focusing on what did NOT happen in 2009, focus instead of what you want to achieve in 2010. :)

Chatterbox Childcare
01-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Because my family live in Australia I find New Year very depressing as it shows another year that I haven't seen them.

As to things I haven't achieved, give yourself less to do and then you won't be disappointed :laughing:

zillervalley
01-01-2010, 02:41 PM
yeah in the past i have looked at what i didnt get done thhe year before

but this year i must say the family was pleased to see the back of last year.

i am a sad oh now watch the sky at night and see what time it goes dark
3mins a night theyb reckon, like hebs says its upeards now for summer and the light nights

ziller

Tatia
01-01-2010, 02:52 PM
We're past the solstice now so the nights are gradually getting shorter. You'll start to notice it in a few weeks. :)

jelly15
01-01-2010, 04:57 PM
I was feeling down today until I watched a TV programme I had recroded about the Boxing Day Tsumami. OMG did I feel ashamed when I saw what people had been through and lost. So I went for a three mile walk to sort my headout and to count my blessings.

TheBTeam
01-01-2010, 07:20 PM
No more than i seem to get them normally, i have a feeling that life is passing me by and what have is life about for me!

breezy
02-01-2010, 04:53 PM
I didnt have til i read this lot :laughing: