PDA

View Full Version : just booked 1st holiday of 2010

beccas
31-12-2009, 03:34 PM
I am going with hoseasons (we normally go to butlins) and we are going to ..... clacton on sea in essex in first week of may and i cant wait.

yes i know not very glamorous but we are saving up to take kids to disney next xmas time.

we also go with hoseasons to a log cabin in sherwood forest every sept that is my break cos there is nothing but woodland and kids love it just as much as all the holiday parks.

:clapping: :clapping:

PixiePetal
31-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Just down the road from my mum! Grew up not far from Clacton and my friends parents worked at the then 'Highfields' holiday park - now Highfield Grange. Spent many an evening at the discos when her parents were working in summer hols.:thumbsup:

Is that where you are going as I think there are others?

Lovely beach, usual shops, cinema, pier etc

My sister worked at Butlins when it was there - many moons ago - happy days!! :laughing: :thumbsup:

Have a good time!

Hebs
31-12-2009, 03:54 PM
we also go with hoseasons to a log cabin in sherwood forest every sept that is my break cos there is nothing but woodland.

:clapping: :clapping:

ooooh that sounds good, can you take pets???

sarah707
31-12-2009, 05:04 PM
I like old fashioned holidays like that! :D

Trouble
31-12-2009, 05:05 PM
my mum loves clacton

enjoy:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

beccas
31-12-2009, 06:47 PM
yes herbs you can take pets to some they have loads. i went to sherwood castle hoilday forest park.

i am going to valley farm park in claton on sea.... cant wait.

PixiePetal
31-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Valley farm park is just along from my brothers house. I love shopping at the Range when we visit him :blush:

Will be great I am sure - quite jealous actually. Might have to fit in a short break for myself and kids :thumbsup:

beccas
31-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Valley farm park is just along from my brothers house. I love shopping at the Range when we visit him :blush:

Will be great I am sure - quite jealous actually. Might have to fit in a short break for myself and kids :thumbsup:

it has only cost me £153 for week 3 may in gold caraven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow thats me shopping at range while i am there hubby will be pleased :D i love all the craft stuff. lol

LOOPYLISA
31-12-2009, 07:05 PM
yes herbs you can take pets to some they have loads. i went to sherwood castle hoilday forest park.

i am going to valley farm park in claton on sea.... cant wait.

Herbs :clapping: :clapping: :laughing:

PixiePetal
31-12-2009, 08:57 PM
it has only cost me £153 for week 3 may in gold caraven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow thats me shopping at range while i am there hubby will be pleased :D i love all the craft stuff. lol

Walking distance from the holiday park :) That's my idea of a holiday!!

beccas
31-12-2009, 08:58 PM
stop it i will have to start and write a wish list now and i willhave to tell other minders who dont drive i will be near and to give me their shopping lists... our nearest one is doncaster a good 20 min drive

LOOPYLISA
31-12-2009, 09:05 PM
One of our best holidays was in a caravan :thumbsup:

Such a giggle, i remember having a tv in there the size of a postage stamp sooooo funny but great :thumbsup:

PixiePetal
31-12-2009, 09:12 PM
stop it i will have to start and write a wish list now and i willhave to tell other minders who dont drive i will be near and to give me their shopping lists... our nearest one is doncaster a good 20 min drive

:laughing: :laughing: google map it, on Valley road you can see the large building just before the railway beckoning you to the left of the park :laughing:

Just looked up for summer hols - £650/week :eek: no go :(

DD has GCSEs so no hols in term time. Even May hols is £450ish :(

Makes me mad. Maybe a short break though :)

nannymcflea
31-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Have a lovely time.:D It's great to have something to look forward too.:thumbsup:

We have not arranged anywhere yet, somewhere with the caravan, hopefully one week without the dogs, perhaps grandparents dog sitting!:idea:

Hebs
31-12-2009, 10:04 PM
:clapping:

been looking and they look fab x

Annie_T
31-12-2009, 10:34 PM
i not been on holiday for 4 years .. depressing really lol

but we are hoping to have aweekend away to alton towers next year & go to abroad fishing 9cant spell the place sorry) .. well he will be i be going up road to monti carlo as thats bout hour drive hehe (well i may meet my mr famous husband to be haha

LOOPYLISA
01-01-2010, 12:45 AM
i not been on holiday for 4 years .. depressing really lol

but we are hoping to have aweekend away to alton towers next year & go to abroad fishing 9cant spell the place sorry) .. well he will be i be going up road to monti carlo as thats bout hour drive hehe (well i may meet my mr famous husband to be haha

Monti Carlo :thumbsup: