PDA

View Full Version : Daughters ankle

Polly2
31-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Hi all

Not been on for a while - on the monday before xmas my 14yr old daughter decided to jump off a 14ft wall for a laugh and she broke her ankle:rolleyes:

she had to have a screw put in to hold ankle in place so two days in hospital.

She's fine now although sometimes a bit weepy - I still feel a bit shell shocked over what might have happened, but am getting better, taking my mind off it by writing essays for fd!

Had plaster off this morning so they could check the wound which is fine but they had to straighten her ankle which was painful.

The upside is she is really interested in training to be a plaster technician. Was wondering if any of you guys/girls knew anything about it?

Anyway hope you all having good time over the hols xxx

little miss chatterbox
31-12-2009, 03:02 PM
oh my word your poor daughter and poor you.
No wonder you're still in shock!

That would have been a nasty drop!

Hope she's soon on the mend and fingers crossed she wont be doing that again!

angeldelight
31-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Ouch Holly that sounds horrible and really painful

I remember doing much the same when I was about 14 only it did not work and I did not even hurt myself :laughing: :laughing:

When I look back I just wonder what the hell was I thinking of - I doubt very much if your daughter is going to do anything like that again in a hurry and I bet shes learnt her lesson

Hope you still managed to have a good christmas

Hope you are ok and hope daughter recovers well

Happy new year to you and your family

Love Angel xx

TheBTeam
31-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Oh my your poor dd, i have know idea about being a plaster technician despite getting to know one for a year when i had my arm in plaster for 11 odd months! The poor woman ran a couple of months later when she saw me coming towards her in a wheel chair with my leg in the air!

Try a web search you may get some information. Hope your dds leg gets better soon

miffy
31-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Oh your poor dd - pleased to hear it's on the mend now

Sorry can't help about the plaster technician - why not ask at the hospital next time you're there

Miffy xx

sarah707
31-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Really encourage her with the physio and building up the muscles in her legs or it will come back to haunt her when she's older.

Poor little lady I hope it stops hurting soon. xx

Trouble
31-12-2009, 05:04 PM
ooouuuch:(

big hugs xxxxx

Polly2
31-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Thanks guys
She is really beating herself up about doing such a silly thing. I think had the ground not been so frozen she may of got away with it :(

She has always thought she is invincible...a couple of years ago she decided to do a sumersault on a friends trampoline with no net:eek: she broke and dislocated her elbow then!!

I think she has learnt from this though - we go to center parcs on the 18th and she is going to have to watch us all swimming etc its going to be awful for her :( :(

She will also have to miss her school trip to London as too much walking, oh the silly things we do as kids.:panic:

nannymcflea
31-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Poor thing, she's really paying for a mistake.:(

Give her a big hug from me, it can't be fun for her at the moment. X

Annie_T
31-12-2009, 10:36 PM
oh bless her

no i dont know anything sorry best bet is to google it and go to libary and ask if they got any books on it and if not can they get any from another libary (what our libarys do here)

Polly2
31-12-2009, 10:36 PM
Thank you nanny mcflea...I will xx

thank you all you are so lovely :) I have missed you all x

angeldelight
01-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Thank you nanny mcflea...I will xx

thank you all you are so lovely :) I have missed you all x

Missed you also

Hope she is ok today

Angel xx

Polly2
01-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Thanks Angel
She not too bad today I am keeping her busy - she is typing out my invoices ha!

Trouble is she wants me to pay her :rolleyes:

Hope you are well xx