PDA

View Full Version : How long?

Nat78
31-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Just wondering if anyone knows how long CRB checks are taking at the moment. Just sent off new assistants but need her here asap as I have a mindee waiting to start and Ofsted wont increase my numbers until CRB returned. Even though I have increased numbers passed due to my old assistant. (Which I don't agree with as in a nursery they don't have to put every member of staff through Ofsted suitability, just supervise until checks are complete. Why is it any different for us when everything else is the same?)

Chatterbox Childcare
31-12-2009, 11:43 AM
How long is a piece of string? I have known then to return within 4 days and others 4 months

Sorry not the news you wanted.

Hope it comes back quickly.

I thought that the allowance of more children was based upon you having an assistant and not named assistants. Why not ask for an increase as hubby is helping you, after all his CRB is done?

Nat78
31-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Already thought of that one. He also works from home, but not with me, so is a definite possibitlity. Was gonna phone Ofsted next week to see if poss to bridge the gap in between mindee starting and assistant being cleared.
Apparently each assistant has to be cleared before they can count in numbers. As said above why this is different for us than from a nursery I don't seem to be able to get a straight answer. In a nursery they can be counted as long as supervised until checks are complete.

francinejayne
01-01-2010, 08:42 PM
Mine has been in the process for 2 weeks now, I spoke to them 2 days ago and they said they're working to the 60 day service level at the moment. Saying that, my friend's CRB took 2 weeks from start to finish?!?!

Carpet Monkeys
02-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Mine and DH's have been with them since early November ..... still waiting! If you have the CRB number off the form you can check it on line, however, their system is down for major maintenance and won't be up until Monday, and even if you call them, they can't check it ... I tried on NYE!