PDA

View Full Version : Citroen C4 Grand Picasso

Bendy
30-12-2009, 06:35 PM
Hi

Has anyone got one of these and if so what sort of buggy will fit in the boot when all 7 seats are up. I have a single macclaren at the mo but thinking of getting a double. Also is it easy to strap kids in rear two back seats without straining your back too much.

Any other pros or cons greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Bendy

cs01
30-12-2009, 07:40 PM
Hi

I can get my double maclaren in the boot with 7 seats up but its tight and you kind of have to quickly shut the boot down before the buggy falls out (iyswim).

Depends on what kind of child seats you have in the middle row as to how easy it is to get kids into the rear 2 seats. The 3rd row seats don't have an isofix fitting whereas the middle 3 seats do. If you don't have fitted car seats in the middle seats then its easy enough to pull the seats forward to get into the back. If however, you have car seats fitted in the middle row, you would have to remove them in order to get access to the 3rd row seats.

I have 3 car seats fittled in my middle row so if I need to use the 3rd row (for my own children) they usually have to climb through the boot!

I really like the car and think you will have the same issue with any similar vehicle unless you go for a big people carrier.

Bendy
30-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Hi

Thanks for the info that has been really helpful. Just out of interest have you had the car long and has anything gone wrong with rear seats.

We currently have an estate and constantly put all the seats up and down depending on what or who we are transporting and as a result have had problems with seat belts and catches during the 4 years we have use it and I worry that as the seats in the Picasso can move backward/forwards etc that they may develop faults due to wear and tear.

Thanks again
Bendy

Zoomie
30-12-2009, 08:36 PM
when the back row of seat are in place there is very little space for a buggy. I can get my single mcclaren in there, if I can do it quickly, but I have never tried to have all 7 seats down with my dbl buggy cos it would never ever fit (jane pro twin).

cs01
30-12-2009, 08:38 PM
I've had the car 18 months and not had any problems with it. I've not really had to put the seats up and down that much so can't say whether they would develop faults due to wear and tear. The seats do move easily/smoothly but I don't know what they would be like after a while if moved regularly.

Zoomie
30-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Hi

Thanks for the info that has been really helpful. Just out of interest have you had the car long and has anything gone wrong with rear seats.

We currently have an estate and constantly put all the seats up and down depending on what or who we are transporting and as a result have had problems with seat belts and catches during the 4 years we have use it and I worry that as the seats in the Picasso can move backward/forwards etc that they may develop faults due to wear and tear.

Thanks again
Bendy

Ours is a 57 plate and we bought it from a citroen garage so it came with a guarantee, but because it was under 3 years it still has its original manufacturers warranty ... anyhow, one seat was broken but they replaced it completely before we took delivery. Not sure what the previous owner did to break it, but it has worked fine for us, and it is the seat that is used for aceessing the back when needed.

Zoomie
30-12-2009, 08:42 PM
oh, forgot to mention that DH works for citroen and that is why he insisted on this particular car.

He did come home with a story last week about how the seat runners do not like pens / pencils. One had come in for repairs, and DH sorted it all out, only for owner to say they weren't going to pay for it, so :blush: the pen went back.

Bendy
31-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Thanks everyone for your info that has been most helpful.

We will arrange a test drive and let you know how we get on.

Thanks again
Bendy