PDA

View Full Version : Childminder or Childcare?

Chell
30-12-2009, 05:50 PM
I am thinking about the domain name for my website. Do you use 'xxxxxxx childminder' or 'xxxxxxxx Childcare' or something different?

Blaze
30-12-2009, 06:18 PM
I use childminding services

beccas
30-12-2009, 06:25 PM
i was having this debate with myself but then thought if someone wants a childminder they will type in childminder in a search engine not childcare. so i went with childminding

miss mopple
30-12-2009, 06:28 PM
I have childminder in my domain name and the name of my town

beccas
30-12-2009, 06:31 PM
mine is going to be named (pauline just getting started) safe 'n' sound childminding in wath. Long i know but it has both childminding and name of area. 2 birds one stone.

Chell
30-12-2009, 06:38 PM
i was having this debate with myself but then thought if someone wants a childminder they will type in childminder in a search engine not childcare. so i went with childminding

That was what I thought but noticed others used Childminding service, I was wondering if childminder was old fashioned or something. :laughing:

sarah707
30-12-2009, 07:28 PM
I have childminding but if you search my town and childminder it comes up as well.

At the end of the day it's more about the links for your website and how much Google spiders notice it :D

Chell
30-12-2009, 08:05 PM
I have childminder in my domain name and the name of my town

I didn't know you had a site, can I have a nosey? :p

I didn't want to reply to your post in public until I had paid for my domain! I planned to have Corby in the name as it is better for SEO (search engine optimisation). Boring, but I will be known as Corby Childminder as it is easy to remember and should rank well.

Pauline
31-12-2009, 08:30 AM
I didn't know you had a site, can I have a nosey? :p

I didn't want to reply to your post in public until I had paid for my domain! I planned to have Corby in the name as it is better for SEO (search engine optimisation). Boring, but I will be known as Corby Childminder as it is easy to remember and should rank well.

Better boring than getting no search results! Like I always say no one is going to search for your business name unless they know you already exist so better to go with search terms in your url :thumbsup:

Bazza
04-01-2010, 07:22 AM
I find that the majority of searches that come through our business are along the lines of "childminder in xxxxxxx" xxxxxxx being the town or postcode. This is quite a narrow search for something like google so it will mean that you would be found quite high in the list if there were not a lot of others in your area.

Also, the actual page text will assist your search engine ranks more than your domain name. So as long as you have your profile and info about your service with certain keywords on your page, search engines will pick up on it. It can take a while to get high in the rankings, unless you are really unique...