PDA

View Full Version : If you could go back in time....

Pauline
30-12-2009, 04:30 PM
If you could go back in time, to any era, who would you like to meet? What would you like to see?

I'd be interested to meet Charles Dickens and learn more about his sense of humour. Many of his books have such a dry humour in them and I wonder if he was like that in real life.

I'd like to see the hanging gardens of Babylon for some gardening tips :laughing:

Twinkles
30-12-2009, 04:33 PM
Hmm let me think ? Can I take soft toilet paper with me ? If not I ain't going anywhere !!

Pauline
30-12-2009, 04:38 PM
Hmm let me think ? Can I take soft toilet paper with me ? If not I ain't going anywhere !!

You can take whatever you like Twinks.:D

So long as you bring it back (just saying that so Breezy doesn't try to take monkey! :laughing:)

Blaze
30-12-2009, 04:39 PM
50's - Elvis - Nuff said!:cool: :D :thumbsup:

...If pushed for more - Sinatra, Bo Jingles;) Marilyn Monroe....the list goes on!

Twinkles
30-12-2009, 04:49 PM
I think Leonardo da Vinci would have been a facinating man to have met - sheer genius.

'course I'd have to learn Italian so you might have to give me a couple of weeks :D

Twinkles
30-12-2009, 04:50 PM
ooo or Agatha Christie - where did she disappear to for a couple of weeks ? I need to know :cool:

Blaze
30-12-2009, 04:52 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Tink
30-12-2009, 04:52 PM
I'd go back to 2000 to see My grandad again. He meant the world to me and he died a week before I got my GCSE results and I never got the chance to tell him I passed them :(

I'd also like to go back and see my Grandma. She had really severe Alzheimer's and she had it all my life so I grew up with my grandma having this horrible disease but I thought it was normal!!!
I heard so many stories of what she used to do and I'd love to meet her before she was ill.

So no-one famous for me just family:)

LOOPYLISA
30-12-2009, 04:56 PM
No one famous for me either,

Never meet my grandad or really knew my nan on my mums side, so prob to go back then and meet them, oh and have the fun times we had with my nan again, shes in her 80's now....... oh we had fun....... :thumbsup:

wendywu
30-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Not a person but a thing. I would love to go back and have a look round the Titanic.

I would do the trip but get off in Ireland.

I would also like to meet Anne Boleyn. So the Tudors would be a good time to go back to. :eek:

Blackhorse
30-12-2009, 05:00 PM
I would like to see how people in ancient egypt / greece and rome lived...

I would also like to go back and see the planet before humans lived in it.
I would like to see the dinosaurs and wooly mammoths:thumbsup:

wendywu
30-12-2009, 05:10 PM
I would like to see how people in ancient egypt / greece and rome lived...

I
would also like to go back and see the planet before humans lived in it.
I would like to see the dinosaurs and wooly mammoths:thumbsup:

I would love to see real dinosaurs, i love all the jurassic park films, and the jurassic ride is my fav in universal, maybe in all florida :clapping:

Twinkles
30-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Not a person but a thing. I would love to go back and have a look round the Titanic. I would do the trip but get off in Ireland.

I would also like to meet Anne Boleyn. So the Tudors would be a good time to go back to. :eek:

You know you're not allowed to nick the tea cups , right ?

FussyElmo
30-12-2009, 05:13 PM
The morning I left my washing machine on :eek:

Other than that i would like to go back to Prussia and see Frederick the Great.

FussyElmo
30-12-2009, 05:13 PM
ooo or Agatha Christie - where did she disappear to for a couple of weeks ? I need to know :cool:

Twinkles she was helping Doctor Who :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hebs
30-12-2009, 05:16 PM
I would go back to my last life :D

Blaze
30-12-2009, 06:17 PM
I would go back to my last life :D

Why don't you get hypnotised & find out about it?

Hebs
30-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Why don't you get hypnotised & find out about it?

i would if i could find someone i trusted :D

when i was a young child (3/4 yrs old) i used to talk about my last life or "when i lived before" is what i used to say :D

beccas
30-12-2009, 06:29 PM
1998 when i met my husband..... i was 17 the best couple of years of my life, no kids no worries:clapping:

Pauline
30-12-2009, 06:50 PM
oh shaz and loopy - you made me cry

Monkey1
30-12-2009, 07:06 PM
You can take whatever you like Twinks.:D

So long as you bring it back (just saying that so Breezy doesn't try to take monkey! :laughing:)

Let her try it!!!!!:laughing:

I would go back to when i was younger and spending some time with my Grandparents. My Grandad always took us to swimming lessons and he was one of the instructors. All the other kids were green with envy that he was my Grandad! I never got chance to tell them both how much i loved them and appreciated everything they did for me.

Blaze
30-12-2009, 07:09 PM
I'm sure they knew / still know Monkey:)

ORKSIE
30-12-2009, 07:17 PM
I want to be a little girl again.....My life seems to be whizzing along so fast, would like to rewind a few decades:)

breezy
30-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Whats the point if I cant put Monkey back in the dark ages?:D

I'd go back to being young again, i really screwed up my teenage years :blush:

TheBTeam
30-12-2009, 07:50 PM
I would like to go back to before my grandad died and have my son a couple of years before, he so wanted me to have children and i had my son almost a year to the day after he died:(

I would also like to go back to just over a year ago so we could have done things differently not knowing mil was going to die, to have a chance of time in the last couple of weeks.

I would like to go and be able to grow up in 60s america and have fun at the dances and live a bit like in the film 'grease; and an older version of 'high school musical' i would love to be young and in love!

Heaven Scent
30-12-2009, 09:51 PM

Never mind soft toilet paper I'd need flushable toilet and running water and perhaps soap and toothpaste. Then I'd go anywhere in any time band.

nannymcflea
30-12-2009, 10:32 PM
There are many places and people I'd like to meet, my dad, just to tell him to get stuffed.:eek:

I'd like to meet Eleanor of Aquitaine and Eleanor of Castile,Tolkien,Beatrix Potter to name but a few.

I'd also love to go back to 1969 and see if the moon landings were for real or just an American farce.:idea:

wendywu
30-12-2009, 10:37 PM
I would also like to go back to russia to the times of the Czars. Go to one of the balls in the Winter Palace. See what Rasputin really looked like.:eek: